QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone ever notice the similarities between Kanta and No-Face?

Umbrella....gold....

They both just shove it it in people's faces.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 05.29.2011, 04:44 PM.

05.29.2011, 04:44 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, do universities in Canada require you take specific courses if you're going to major in something? Like, math/English/sciences, etc... Because I haven't heard many university students here say that. D:

And my friend's sister hasn't had to take math since high school, so when she went to get her BEd it confused the crap out of her. I think the same happened for my cousin.

06.15.2011, 06:17 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

If you're from Canada, you know what I mean. The riots in Vancity were kinda pathetic to begin with but now they've been elevated to one of the most idiotic displays of mindlessness that I've seen in a long time.

@FFF: That'd be a yes. You should get one of those info booklets for prospective students at whatever universities you're looking at. They tell you things like that (if they're the helpful kind/you can figure them out).

06.16.2011, 02:20 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All that can be said is that it is not ALL of the people, fen... Thankfully so...

It is a core of alcohol-fueled idiots that think nothing of destroying other peoples property or attacking authority in a fury of destruction that spreads to others just going along for the ride, not thinking of what it might do to their futures, just reveling in the moment..., the crowd mentality. Everything is fun, fun, fun until you get whacked on the head by the police or another rioter.

And, unfortunately, it is not isolated in Vancouver at all. I liken what happened there to what happens in Great Britain and other countries with soccer matches or here in the US with football and baseball matches. It is a worldwide thing that is sparked by a very few extremists that think this sort of behaviour is fun. And it doesn't matter whether it is a winning team or a losing team, the riot is the thing...

Somewhat like with Islamic terrorists that are a very, very, very few of the whole...

And, of course, the media doesn't help... violence sells papers and advertising time...

I drink occasionally myself, but I am a firm believer that alcohol and sports do not mix well. There are always a few who overindulge and lose control. Alcohol, IMO, should be banned from ALL sports venues entirely...

The excitement of the game should be intoxicating enough...

06.16.2011, 04:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Fen Yeah, but, I mean I know you do need them for specific majors. Yet if I'm going for an English major, do I need to take maths? o.O I forget what my mom did, but she avoided it as much as possible and took something under a math credit that wasn't too hard. XD

Then again, she wasn't allowed to attend university in New Brunswick because she didn't have enough credits, yet she could in Ontario... which is.. I dunno, strange? I mean, the passing grade is 50 there, versus 60 here.. Mom had a 60 in both Maths and Chemistry, possibly Physics.

Damn. I won't touch many of the sciences and they aren't letting many people into them this year coming. DX They've cut it down to one class for one semester. It won't be available the next term. Seriously? I really hate this, but they're opening up to offer online credits... Which is really beneficial to those of us who can't get the subjects we need just because our school won't give enough classes.

Gah, so pissed off..

Also, I have the booklets, but they don't give any of that information. u.u And the Ontario universities have no idea what we're talking about or care enough to send anything when requested..

Also, my mom is a Bruins fan. XD Not many people here reacted to it. But we still have a lot of hockey fans.

06.16.2011, 11:18 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Husky: Lol yeah, I know that. It would be a bit alarming, everyone in a city went crazy at one time.

@FFF: Okay, now I'm kind of confused what you're asking so... Don't get too frustrated. Being tricky is just a way universities weed people out so they don't get too many legitimate applications. Go to the website of whatever university you're looking at and look at the admissions or prospective students section if you're trying to find the pre-requisites needed for certain degrees.

If you're looking for requirements to actually get a particular degree (like a BA)...go to their website and look at the undergraduate programs and program requirements.

It's all there so just block off a few hours one day and do research...lol, it's so much simpler to find once you've been at a university for a few years. But I completely understand your pain as I was likewise confused once. *hugs*

Worst come to worst, get a contact number for admissions or whatever program you're trying to get into and they should be able to answer any questions you have.

06.16.2011, 07:35 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love my new haircut, and got many compliments already I hope my co-workes will like it as well, off to work in about an hour

07.29.2011, 09:28 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WELL? where is it that we can agree or not... lol

Just funnin' with ya, Kemi

07.29.2011, 10:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I don't think I mentioned it, but my friend bought me a Totoro bag and wallet when she was visiting her sister in Vancouver. ^^

It's so so cute~.

Cleaning, going to make some corn and sweet potato. And whatever veggies I find. X3 Cook up a fake meat patty. I love the stir fry fake beef tips but I'm out of them. T3T Stupidly delicious. I really want curry or chow mein... so want.. need to get out of the house.

07.30.2011, 01:14 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

so basically my life at the moment is going no where really..I'm all over the shot.
i'm still thinking about doing a uni degree but i'm still not sure. its hard....i'd love to do a degree in graphic design or art or something but i'm also not sure either.
i've been painting heaps lately and am wanting to approach an art gallery with some of my work soon, so that i might be able to branch into a career there.
a lot of the ppl i went to school with are nearly finishing there degrees at uni or are about to build there first house etc.
i feel a growing sense of pressure to find another pathway that will lead to a high paid job that i'd necessarily not enjoy, just for the sake of satisfying the family..
i currently work at a tile store in the back warehouse.. and its a **** job. I just feel like a **** kicker working there.
I so want all my dreams to come true but in all likeliness they won't.

plus my love life is all over the place.
I'm seeing a bird a lot younger than myself (four years younger) whilst its just a cousy friendship at the moment. I am very hesitant to start something with her.

not to mention my feelings toward another chick who i've known nearly my whole life yet not well. She's moving back to the local area after finishing a degree and landing a job in her dream area....i always think of her. i usually see her jogging round the estuary when i'm jogging too, she always smiles at me and says hello and her smile and face always lingers long into my thoughts.
sometimes she is at our family friends annual Christmas party..and sometimes shes swimming at the point (popular swimming spot).
i just want to get to know her..

I feel that my life is not turning out as expected

07.30.2011, 08:52 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Farren, at various times in my life I have worked as a gunnersmate in the Navy, a service station attendent (back when service meant something), a school bus driver, school bus mechanic (then head mechanic at the company), a truck inspector for the Calif Highway Patrol, then a school bus, fuel tanker trk, hazardous waste vehicle inspector and truck accident investigatorfor the CHP, delivery truck driver, company vehicle mechanic for a glasswindow manufacturer for 14 yrs and interspersed through all of these jobs I worked as a security officer for over 40 yrs both full and (mostly) parttime. I was even accepted for training as a US Border Patrol Agent, but I had to turn it down for family reasons.

What I am trying to point out is that you never can tell in advance just what your life will bring or where it will go. I'd have never thought that I would work so much as a mechanic as I have and both of my sons are better mechs in many areas than I am. I even tried going into business for my self one time, but picked a wrong time to do so, (a mini-recession, so to speak) not enough people wanted to pay for my services.

hahaha, just remembered, I also worked part-time in a carnival, as a soda jerk in a restaurant and for a tire-recapper all when I was 17. As a kid I even raised chickens and rabbits for sale as food items.

My friend, I cannot advise you on the path you should take either romantically or professionally. All I can say is take your best shot and if you have given it a chance and it isn't working, look in another direction..

Good luck!

07.31.2011, 12:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ husky
whoa mate, your a biit of a veteran
Thanks for your words man, means a lot

08.01.2011, 02:37 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, hey, my almost 65 years have gotta count for something, right? lol

08.01.2011, 08:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I work, I get tired and I am longing for a day off.
When I have my day off, I get bored and want to work again.
Really, what is wrong with me, so stupid!

08.12.2011, 03:27 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am good at peeling potato's.

08.12.2011, 04:17 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kemi
When I work, I get tired and I am longing for a day off.
When I have my day off, I get bored and want to work again.
Really, what is wrong with me, so stupid!

hahaha, reminds me of a poem I read when I was 12 and I have remembered it ever since. One of the greatest truism's of all time...

As a rule a Man's a fool,
When it is hot he wants it cool,
When it is cool he wants it hot,
Whatever it is, Man wants it not

08.12.2011, 08:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Haha Husky, I smiled at this, because it's SO very true, seems we're never satisfied.

Work was fun today though.
But on topic; random thoughts...hmm...nothing really, Im thinking about which festivals and concerts I want to visit

08.17.2011, 04:28 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

aussie footy, can't beat it!..

itchy thigh

08.19.2011, 04:20 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by Farren
aussie footy, can't beat it!..

itchy thigh

That's possibly the most random thought in the thread. Congrats! xD

Must sort clothes before classes start.

08.19.2011, 06:03 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Doubting if I will go to the Castle Fair tomorrow. It's a long trip and I have to go alone and I know that the girl I most hate is coming too..but I want to go...doubts..

08.20.2011, 03:31 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks