QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was on another site when suddenly I got a flash msg from MSN that my system had been hacked and all my accounts and passwords had been compromised and to call a phone number to correct the problem. I just shut everything off for a few minutes and logged back on and no problem...

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.22.2016, 11:27 AM.

10.22.2016, 11:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There were some cyber attacks across the states yesterday. Bunch of sites were affected. Might have had to do with that.

But I wasn't trying to get on here yesterday so not positive.

Also hi everyone how's things?

10.22.2016, 01:34 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Doing good, fen... I've been home a month now and going to the Soboba Fly-in with my buddy today for a few hours. It is a world wide known flight center for paragliding. Mostly speed-flights today. The gliders go up the mountainside and fly down trying to stay within a few feet of the mountianside on the way down...

10.22.2016, 04:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I did not have any trouble.

The problem was mostly US centric.

as far as i know arren is living in Japan so i dont get why did he get into problem.

Or it is possible that arren accessed the site when the attack happened. Still the tavern server is located in godaddy server which is a large hosting company with its own DNS server. Maybe Japanese internet or Arren's ISP has tight integration with US infrastructure.

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/internet-outage-ddos-dns-dyn/

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.23.2016, 03:02 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It could be to do with that, but it was only the Tavern I had an issue with. Anyway, it's been fine ever since, so I'm not really concerned. It might have also been so temporary that nobody else tried to come on at that time.

Hi fen! Things are okay here. I'm working on moving to a new apartment but progress has slowed in the past week. It'll probably work out, but I'd like it to happen a bit faster. How's everything with you?

10.23.2016, 06:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some Randoms Thoughts feel free to comment

1. On the Population Problem in Japan: I thought the social problem of starting a family has been for a long time (even in the ancient times). So what did islam said about it. Although i knew but i rediscovered the fact that the solution is quite cool. It is to make Polygamy Socially Acceptable. Ofcourse Islam says monogamy is preferable and also in many many cases advocates easier marriage and less financial burden on the people because of marriage (such as no grand marriage ceremony, no expensive gifts apart from the compulsory monetary gift that has to be given to the bride from the groom but still the amount has to be set at a acceptable rate by both parties etc etc). But it is a good alternative, if you consider in many countries in the world number of women is greater than men. In my opinion many women would not mind anyway. Although it might seem a little weird to many of you, but in japan where they are making robot children to make people adore children such a solution will work quite well. On a second note i think UN probably declared that people having problem getting child or a partner to start a family is DISABLED. You can understand the situation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/...der-new-defini/

Maybe even human cloning will get approved by govt if a world war starts. I just hope that it(A World War) never happens.

2. On Ghibli Graphics: I watched the first few parts of Princess mononoke again after a long time. Although i appreciate the art i think it would have been awesome if it could be remade frame by frame with mokoto shinkai's graphics. I know he would not mind, but ghibli would. FYI Ghost in the Shell was done the same, although that was not needed. In my opinion even the Nausicaa is alright but as in mononoke there is so much green most of the detail got lost.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.23.2016, 03:35 PM.

10.23.2016, 03:28 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

makoto would not re-do mononoke, no way. as far as the story has no trains in it, he would not be interested

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

10.23.2016, 05:54 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saviour did not suggest Shinkai should re-make it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.23.2016, 07:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

meaning, someone else should have done it, using his style? good luck with that ) it would be like writing next beethoven symphony when you are not beethoven.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

10.23.2016, 10:03 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

oh, by the way, you can still try, and likely do it fast, too, like in a matter of days. you would need lots of cash, though. alternatively, you could try to run every frame through some free deepart alternative and then combining the stills back into the movie.

10.23.2016, 10:23 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

@makc

The algorithm is not good enough. you do not get production level quality using neural network or deep learning. There is no way to replicate art automatically because the system learns from existing source and it is totally possible that there might be no example of the items i want in a prior art. In such cases approximation is straight forward awful. It is similar to drawing something with no model in mind or view, you might get something but it is bad.

And I did not mean remake i said redo, remake is making a movie with different set of everything while redoing is making the movie with the exact same set. Mononoke is perferct, it is just that after i watched shinkai's movies, i saw the details are much more visible and i thought mononoke would look cool. And he would love to do it. Because Ghibli is his source for everything he does. Ghibli hired Hosada once to make Howls Moving Castle, where he got into a fight with probably the trio(Miyazaki, Takahata and Suzuki) or some of them about artistic style as he loves weirdness. So he left. I think ghibli never hired shinkai because he is less creative(thats the truth), but in all his interviews he actually praised ghibli where hosada despise ghibli whenever he gets the chance.

10.24.2016, 01:47 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
@makc

The algorithm is not good enough.

My point, yes. Even if you replace NN by human artist, it will still be not good enough, unless the artist will work where he's the best at (and makoto is, by definition, the best artist to work in "makoto style" ).

quote:
because the system learns from existing source and it is totally possible that there might be no example of the items i want in a prior art.

Well this would be your job to make sure there are such items, i e split the original movie in scenes, and find the most fitting imagery to be used as style input for each one. Otherwise, conversion would take minutes not days However, this is only if you really-really want to try - I myself, for example, do not believe this will end good, but - hell - I can be wrong, cant I.

Post last edited by makc on 10.24.2016, 06:19 AM.

10.24.2016, 06:15 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by makc

Well this would be your job to make sure there are such items, i e split the original movie in scenes, and find the most fitting imagery to be used as style input for each one. Otherwise, conversion would take minutes not days However, this is only if you really-really want to try - I myself, for example, do not believe this will end good, but - hell - I can be wrong, cant I.

Have you trained a DNN? Did you work on machine learning? Because i think your idea is a bit blurred. I would need tons of image in order to train DNN for a particular style. Generally a anime movie has 24 frames per second counting all the images in movie still is not enough for good enough result. And secondly these pictures are drawn from intuition. They draw from experience so color combination will be a mess.

In case of any good enough artist the result will be much much better.

However thanks for the interesting chat, i liked that there is another member of the forum who knows about DNN. COOL

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.24.2016, 12:32 PM.

10.24.2016, 10:24 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

quote:
I would need tons of image in order to train DNN for a particular style
well, deepart.io takes exactly one image as a style and applies it to another image, that's the whole point of it.

10.24.2016, 01:35 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, so the old guy has no idea of which you are speaking... DNN?

10.24.2016, 01:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

@makc

Yeah i mentioned it earlier that approximation is not good way to do animation, so pic for pic idea does not really apply. Lets drop the subject, or take it to reddit. I dont know about the deepart company, it seems they are promising more than they can deliver ( however the price is steep,

@Husky

DNN means deep neural network. It is a way of computing similar to our brain( our brain is a network of neurons). Modern Artificial Intelligence today is largely dependent on it. Smart Cars, Siri in Apple, Microsoft Cortana or Prisma App all depend on DNN at some level. To visualize it you can think it is similar to the thinking process of Major in Ghost in the Shell. The process is strangely similar to us that many prominent Computer Scientists are saying that we should be very careful because we can accidentally make a Terminator program.

There is myriad of texts about it in the internet. The subject is very interesting you can look for for it if it seems cool to you. But it is scary, because there is actually very thin line between science fiction and reality. A org with enough manpower and money can actually create something bad with it.

10.24.2016, 02:19 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you for the explanation, saviour... I understand what you mean about the human brain and its neurons and how they work...

10.24.2016, 04:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Personally I find comparisons of NN to the brain very misleading, given that mathematically they are not even close (unlike this, for example). Much more useful analogy to the way they work would be mold casting, because the way they are used - modelling the sample data first, applying the model to new data later. It is true they are used everywhere now, because people find it easier to throw them at any problem where ou can tolerate errors rather than hand-crafting accurate solution.

10.24.2016, 06:38 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by makc
Personally I find comparisons of NN to the brain very misleading, given that mathematically they are not even close (unlike this, for example). Much more useful analogy to the way they work would be mold casting, because the way they are used - modelling the sample data first, applying the model to new data later. It is true they are used everywhere now, because people find it easier to throw them at any problem where ou can tolerate errors rather than hand-crafting accurate solution.

you are forgetting the massive learning process in our infancy. did you parents not tell you this is apple that is ball etc. etc. How is this different than NN? You can only say that the computer works on n-bits of information however we have no idea how in our brain the idea of information actually happens. Do we process it part by part or whole at the same time etc etc. Many questions need to be answered in order to really understand the processes of human mind. So i am not sure if the analogy is right or wrong. But the intuition definitely came from neurons of human brain so it is a very common analogy. and how exactly do you compare them mathematically as far as i know there is no valid information theorem regarding brain and its working so comparing them mathematically is absurd. NN is much much simpler, there have been experiment to emulate brain but no good results so far.

10.25.2016, 12:29 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

when I say 'personally', it means you don't have to agree with me ) but, if you want to argue,

quote:
How is this different than NN? ... we have no idea how in our brain the idea of information actually happens ... Many questions need to be answered in order to really understand the processes of human mind.

read this again, slower. if you have no idea what happens in the brain, you have no basis to claim that it is no different from NN, do you.
quote:
and how exactly do you compare them mathematically as far as i know there is no valid information theorem regarding brain and its working so comparing them mathematically is absurd.
Before mentioned openworm team will hold video conference in about 5 hours, that will cover their most recent advances in this and, I assume, these guys are monitoring the field better than us, so let's watch it?

10.25.2016, 05:25 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks