QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Things would get awkward if the one on top wanted a pee.

Hahahaha, one of my very thoughts when I first saw the pic...
"OK, ladies, this one and this one are mine. Paws off!!!"

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.27.2012, 01:48 PM.

08.27.2012, 01:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It must be both a very exciting and nervous time starting university foreignfilmfreak, I bet you'll have a lot of fun and will do well !

08.27.2012, 10:36 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, Cal! I'm sure I'll be a great student, moreso than I was in high school (although even then, I was praised often). It's just I am a very independent person regarding work. I don't know how to push myself to ask about assignments and whatnot for classes.

At least I won't fear professors. I know several who were or qualified to be a professor (my best friend's mother would make a wonderful science professor or for anything... she is just so smart TTATT They're always looking for professors here, but it would require moving and she wouldn't want to do that). It's just assignments. All my professors sound like lovely individuals rather than scary. My mother only had one bad professor, and that's a completely different story altogether...

My boyfriend and mother never lived in residence. So they can't give me any tips or anything. He lived in his empty parents' house and she lived with either her uncle or her family.

08.28.2012, 11:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

New Zealand looks nice... i was considering studying there as Australians pay domestic fees there (and vice verca) but i won't be able to get a student loan till my third year, meaning i'd need around $18,000 lol. + Universities there are not as good as the ones here.

But ah i'd love to study abroad... it'd be so great to just escape from everywhere.

I'll try to study abroad for a year on an exchange though! Which University i'll go to i'm not sure though.

08.31.2012, 04:22 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

@foreignfilmfreak

What type of residence is it like?

Is it like a dormitory? Or like a shared house?

08.31.2012, 04:22 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dormitory. A big one, with mostly single rooms. I've only been in one other residence since I've been here, and it wasn't up to the standards mine lays out. :B But it was cute and cozy~. But quite loud (mine is fairly quiet).

Anyhow, I've made a couple friends. And there's one Japanese guy here with very nice long hair I want to touch... like, Taemin-length hair. He sat beside me at lunch. Except I don't think my Chinese friend liked his friends very much because she didn't find them attractive... and she said this quite loudly.

09.12.2012, 04:19 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Had a dream so real that, when I woke up earlier, I started making plans in my schedule.

Anyone knows how to battle inception?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.14.2012, 10:43 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Had a dream so real that, when I woke up earlier, I started making plans in my schedule.

Inception is not very wrong thing ofcourse it is not possible to go inside one's dream but there may be several dream layers i myself experienced once. Must say it was not a good experience. And to understand if you are inside a dream or not my best choice is go inside a library. Our mind can not rewrite all the books so i think it can be a solution however i do not know the boundary of our brain it can so vividly create a virtual world that someone hardly can doubt.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

09.14.2012, 11:17 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Dormitory. A big one, with mostly single rooms. I've only been in one other residence since I've been here, and it wasn't up to the standards mine lays out. :B But it was cute and cozy~. But quite loud (mine is fairly quiet).

Anyhow, I've made a couple friends. And there's one Japanese guy here with very nice long hair I want to touch... like, Taemin-length hair. He sat beside me at lunch. Except I don't think my Chinese friend liked his friends very much because she didn't find them attractive... and she said this quite loudly.

That sounds cool. I wish we had more dorms in Australian universities but the older universities here have residential colleges which are just fancy/expensive old school dorms lol. Im going to stay in university owned share housing though, so i hope i'll have good roommates.

Lol thats a bit weird of ur chinese friend to say aloud!

09.16.2012, 05:42 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Inception is not very wrong thing ofcourse it is not possible to go inside one's dream but there may be several dream layers i myself experienced once. Must say it was not a good experience. And to understand if you are inside a dream or not my best choice is go inside a library. Our mind can not rewrite all the books so i think it can be a solution however i do not know the boundary of our brain it can so vividly create a virtual world that someone hardly can doubt.

Oh what was that dream like? Your layered one?

I never have interesting dreams, always boring normal life things and almost every time i can tell im dreaming anyway :S
So i like to hear about others' dreams.

09.16.2012, 05:44 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah, Cal, my friend is just very straight forward and doesn't know when she's being innocent or rude. XD Some of the things she's done are quite embarrassing, but she doesn't realize if she's in the wrong. Until after, then she feels really bad. She and her friends are so innocent though. XD Not that I'm any better.

It has been 17 hours since I last heard from him, and now I miss him more than I did the first two weeks of university.... geh.

09.16.2012, 08:27 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale

Oh what was that dream like? Your layered one?

I never have interesting dreams, always boring normal life things and almost every time i can tell im dreaming anyway :S
So i like to hear about others' dreams.

It was last year most probably. I was very tensed about something.The dream was very inception like but rather than in a random place i actually woke up from sleep in my room.(layer 1) i was seeing a second dream in that sleep which i did not remember. After waking up from the dream i actually thought of waking up and was in the future and did my regular chores and something happened and i was not very happy about it (which actually came true later but in a different form) .So when i woke up from the dream really i actually thought that thing happened until i noticed the date.It felt so real that i could not understand which one is the truth.The logical explanation is that my subconscious mind was so disturbed for some reason that it created a unevitable image of future like if you jump from the roof you will prabably die.I think that is the reasoon why it came true.But the dream was a unique experience really.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.16.2012, 03:52 PM.

09.16.2012, 03:50 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I am NOT looking forward to navigating the library by myself to look at some books.. maybe I'll get my friend from that class to come with me, but she's already almost done... :/ Hm..

Finally get to Skype my boyfriend tonight though. But I've got homework...

09.18.2012, 09:30 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The problem with skype: you can't use it if the other party is not online.

My brother who's on a study trip in India is using Skype to call home. The problem is, because he never tells us when he's actually online, my mom has took to just leaving the computer on at night with the speakers on.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.18.2012, 11:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm OK with that. The only problem for me is my computer is too slow to make good calls. :/ So sometimes the call suddenly quits. And then it takes a good while to make it work again.

I don't even have much on this thing... but it still runs slow.

09.18.2012, 12:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

possibily some unwanted or unnecessary programs are running at the same time. My son cleared a lot of these programs from my laptop and it ran great. sigh, now it is running slow again, so i suspect that I have the same problem again. Got to get him top show me how to clear them...

09.18.2012, 01:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well, I deleted stuff, but I really don't have many programs running, to be honest. :/ I try and put nothing on this computer, but it still runs slow. But the browsers are fast (I have no issue with Internet Explorer like some people, it doesn't ever fail me except on my computer back home lol).

Sooooo...

My hall neighbour is crushing on one of my friends!! But he's being shy about it. hehe I don't know if she'll see him that way and I don't know if he's hinted that he likes her to anyone else yet. But he has to me. I noticed the other day he sent a picture to her on facebook and was like, "Hmm, I thought you two didn't know each other?". Then we sat together at dinner. He started talking to me more after dinner oddly. XD

It's so cute though! But I understand why he's afraid to let his feelings develop further. She's only an exchange student, and he's an international student in his third year. He's still depressed after he and his ex broke up because they couldn't see each other since they went to universities in different countries.

I'd like to help him, even just a little. :/ I'm very happy he's beginning to talk to me more now. XD Instead of just making very short, awkward conversation. lol He wants to make friends with my boyfriend too, when he comes back. I don't know why he does, but he kept telling me to introduce them to each other.

09.23.2012, 07:51 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HAHAHAHA...
Watching a 2AM TV show called "How Do They Do It".

They were dealing with how devices are being developed to let us control objects with our minds alone. I don't know how old this program is, but one example they used was a young man took about 2 min to get a small helicopter into the air.

Now, here is the funny part. They actually have tried 'Neko Ears" that woman can wear. If they are attracted to a guy or have alerted to something, the ears rotate up. If they lose interest, they rotate down... With all of the Neko Ears that we see in anime, I thought that this was funny. They did mention about just how many women would be willing to, or wanting to, wear them and letting men know what they are feeling....

lol

10.06.2012, 05:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Taking my friend shopping for the first time since she arrived in Canada = Priceless.

There were many amused workers today. Although I almost half died when I went to the washroom and came back to find our bags alone on a chair. Luckily the custodian was watching them and noticed how terrified I looked. He just smiled when he realized the situation. XD She still has stuff to learn.

10.06.2012, 11:14 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Omg why does Jlist have so much dirty stuff. I don't even go to the dirty corner but all this dirty stuff still comes up and the computer is in the lounge room and soo aisndainsanmdskadlkms

10.08.2012, 02:55 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
[  «    ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks