QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
You can play The Sims games on Mac, can't you? I definitely remember playing 3 on mine.

EDIT: Ah...

Gods. *wrings hands* Visiting a clinic for the first time on Friday. Don't know whether I should ask one of the Japanese assistants to come with me. I understood maybe 40% of what the lady told me at the university health centre today, but I got the important stuff? @_@ I guess I'll go alone. I know how to ask them to speak simply because I'm not that good so I guess I'll do that.

You can, but my sister doesn't find it runs as effectively. She has her Mac and an old Samsung laptop that she uses for gaming. I wanted to get all the Sims 3 expansion packs and stuff before it becomes impossible to. lol

11.03.2016, 10:47 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I appreciate arren's work as an admin, but I also hope that things are going well with Roarkiller... Maybe when he comes back he'll be married with a bunch of kids... lol (funning with ya, Roar)...

11.06.2016, 12:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Worrying about the US election on Tuesday... I really don't know what to expect if Trump gets elected.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.06.2016, 04:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Likewise, I'm sure...

I'm not particularly happy with he or she!!!

The thing is, whichever one it may be, they'll have legal problems to deal with either one. One has problems filed against him by women from his past and the other one has her past problems being re-investigated by the FBI...

Real winners, wither one...

BTW, I've already voted...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.07.2016, 12:43 AM.

11.06.2016, 05:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Clinton's not an ideal candidate, but she's a far better choice than Trump. He's too much of a loose cannon, and his tendency to insult huge numbers of people in one soundbite is not appropriate for a president.

It still looks like Clinton will win it, but the race is much tighter than I'm comfortable with. On the bright side, Clinton's chances are slowly but surely improving again, so I think it should be safe.

11.07.2016, 01:27 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

It never ceases to amaze me just how much interest the rest of the world has in our presidental elections... I understand the reasons, but it still amazes me...

11.07.2016, 05:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't want to get into the area of causing offence so I hope this remark does not, but for me I see the USA as a country with a lot of economic and military power and if that strength is used unwisely, as I believe sure Trump will, your president has the means to make the world a less pleasant place very quickly.

Since 9/11 in my view, America's actions on the world stage vs terrorism have already done that; too many wars entered into without firm long term planning and achievable results. Saddam was toppled but that directly caused ISIS to arise from it.

Sorry for going into politics. I will shut up if others find my views unwelcome in our friendly family tavern.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.07.2016, 07:58 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with discussing politics here (and for that matter, I agree with you), but maybe it's a topic not to spend too long on. It can get uncomfortable very fast.

11.07.2016, 09:38 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HAHA

Dont worry guys i wont start on this one. I already know you guys are well aware of the facts

rather i would like you to take interest into another topic universal income, i have never heard of this term

http://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-we-need-uni...dium=socialflow

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 11.07.2016, 11:55 AM.

11.07.2016, 11:54 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You can't even talk about the election where I live. Far too many Trump supporters who make me feel incredibly uncomfortable. As in the types to yell in your face. I almost got up to tell one man to leave a table of older people alone because he came over to them purposely to talk about Trump, and they weren't interested. My mother's even getting fed up with it and cutting family members out who support him so vehemently. It's weird and uncomfortable, I feel suffocated and I don't live in America.

Also fairly certain my boss is a Trump supporter. I never bring up politics at work. I get too nervous to even talk about what I want to do in the future (working with immigrants).

I really can't wait to leave small town Canada. lol

11.07.2016, 12:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I pretty much agree with you both, arren and Saddles... Just heard Chump say again that he knoes more about Isis than all the Generals, etc and told an audience that the Generals (or someone) could go (bad word) themselves and that he would just bomb them...

Such an inspiration for our young people...

OK, nuff' said, glad it'll be over tomorrow.........hopefully...

11.07.2016, 01:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

but usa does not negotiate with terrorists, so what other choice you have except just bomb them, or go away from the region.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.08.2016, 11:27 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks like Donald Trump is really going to win, this is one of the darkest hours in human history. The only thing standing between him and destruction is congress which is also republican led. I know most things he said can not be done but he will do something horrible to make up for those. I think it will happen mostly because people did not vote as a message

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 11.09.2016, 03:49 AM.

11.09.2016, 03:21 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

All we can hope for ia that we who were against are proven wrong...

11.09.2016, 05:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
All we can hope for ia that we who were against are proven wrong...

I can not agree with you more.

I really really really really do not want another world war.

UK, USA had gone to the hard right. France and Germany left. If these two join the bandwagon then they will practically oppose China, Russia and all the developing nations. China will not let that happen easily and the small nations will fight for survival. S/H/I/T can get real soon.

Really disappointed at 90 million people who did not vote. Many posting in facebook tweeter that they are not voting. The working class will understand soon enough what its like to not listening to the experts.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 11.09.2016, 06:26 AM.

11.09.2016, 06:17 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

where do you guys get those fears that Trump is going to drop nukes like a pigeon? he said he and Putin will be friends, and then out of other nuclear countries, who is not aligned with USA? North Korea?

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.09.2016, 09:55 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

We're stuck with him for at least the next 4 yrs, so that's it... As for the bombing, he has already publicaly announced his willingness to drop bombs as a means to settle a problem...

I'll say no more on the subject...

11.09.2016, 12:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

quote:
he has already publicaly announced his willingness to drop bombs as a means to settle a problem
as in "why dont we bomb isis leaders when we have the intelligence to do so", I heared that, and I thought, it is good question. why did usa bomb everything but isis leaders all these years? I mean, I would get it if usa was after assad, not isis, but usa are after isis, so it does not make sense.

11.09.2016, 01:09 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by makc
quote:
he has already publicaly announced his willingness to drop bombs as a means to settle a problem
as in "why dont we bomb isis leaders when we have the intelligence to do so", I heared that, and I thought, it is good question. why did usa bomb everything but isis leaders all these years? I mean, I would get it if usa was after assad, not isis, but usa are after isis, so it does not make sense.

Bombing ISIS practically means bombing thousands of people. ISIS is not some sort of small terrorist organization that you can just bomb away. They are rooted deep within the people. You have to defeat them not bomb and kill them. There are a lot of muslims in the world every bomb kills a innocent person a great anger grows inside the family member which is a great motivation to join organizations like ISIS.

I dont have any problems that Trump would like become friend with Russia but it is totally absurd. All the American Alliances and American Troops basically are against Russia, so Trump has to convince them about Russia which is a 180 degree turn against American Foreign Policy.

However my primary concern is how exactly he is going to fight globalization. That is the reason people chose him, right? I mean every product is made in china and other developing nations. If they induce additional tax in these product than other countries will confront these by putting tax in american product and services. Which basically is a prime factor of world war. You can read the reasons behind world war. If i understand correctly World Wars in my opinions were never about views or agendas. It was all about business. America has its interest in Japan, South China Sea Countries and with Taiwan. If America does not protect these treaties then these countries will take matters into its hand. Which basically means massive shift in global power dynamics. And when America will also confront China in business, it just means that they will not tolerate anything in their boundary, as they have done all the time in korea and in vietnam. In such situation the other side(Read America and Allies) will have to make response, if they do not want China to be Global Leader of the World(like today it is America). And then you get a perfectly valid world war.

I dont care what he does to immigrants or doing some other stuff like building wall. However if he tries to do what he said to his voters about economics then we are almost definitely going to see a world war. And his utter disrespect for important issues like global warming, TPP etc will cause great discomfort in businesses and goverments.

I just hope he becomes a great president just how he won the election. However we have to keep in mind that Hitlar was infact the most popular person until the defeat, America and Russia certainly tried to keep the world in balance in the last 70 years. I just hope it just keeps on going

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 11.09.2016, 02:14 PM.

11.09.2016, 02:12 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

ok, it sounds like a great argument. if I were to simplify it down to my level, could I say that you propose that american people are (and should keep) paying chinese for them to not start a war with you? this sounds like pretty bad position, to me, and if I was american and Trump promised me to get me out of that position... why not vote for him?

11.09.2016, 05:10 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks