QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...    »  ]
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just barely found a Metroid comic in japanese.
Can't read it, but the pics point out the storyline. DAMN it's good!

10.13.2008, 10:57 AM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm reading ZONE by Katsura Hoshino.
It's the kind-of preqiuel to D.GRAY-MAN, cept in it Allen is a girl named Robin who is a converted akuma instead of an exorcist. It's quite literally a femAllen story
Strangest thing in the world, seeing Allen wearing a lolita dress.
Basic storyline is Robin's Master Cross left on a journey to fight akuma with this sacred knife but he left the knife at home so Robin has to run around trying to find him in order to give it to him. On the way she collapses from exhuastion and meets this waitress called Rinali (who is Lenalee in dgm), and Rinali tries to bring back her dead fiance.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 10.29.2008, 06:06 PM.

10.29.2008, 06:03 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Anime-Freak22122
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.25.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Anime-Freak22122 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Prince of Tennis OVA's

11.26.2008, 03:35 AM Anime-Freak22122 is offline   Profile for Anime-Freak22122 Add Anime-Freak22122 to your buddy list Homepage of Anime-Freak22122
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the Kurosagi

and

Aqua

one or two others as well that I have found in the local library in the young peoples area. I do kinda stand out when I'm looking thru the manga books there, lol...

12.09.2008, 11:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
che ken
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.27.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by che ken Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished reading Ichigo 100%, great manga!

Read DNAngel and a couple others ages ago, and am currently reading Beet the Vandel buster (Although it's taking soooo long for the next one to come out!)

Thought I'd just share this with people, but two good places to read manga have gotta be Mangafox and One Manga

Have fun!

12.27.2008, 03:37 PM che ken is offline   Profile for che ken Add che ken to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, my sister found pretty much every single manga-online website out there. XD Except for me I usually have to go find different ones for raws.. Doesn't matter if I understand because translations always come out sooner or later. lol

Since I haven't read any manga since chaptre 28 of Kuroshitsuji (meaning we'll have to wait until the end of January for the next chaptre now >.< They caught up with Japanese releases) the only thing I have like that is my Nabari no Ou art book. Simply splendid. Kamatani's art is so lovely in how it's progressed and I love all her styles used. Although the more current one I've taken a liking to. Mom's probably gonna confuse Miharu for a girl in some of the drawings. XD

12.27.2008, 10:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
che ken
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.27.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by che ken Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Since I haven't read any manga since chaptre 28 of Kuroshitsuji (meaning we'll have to wait until the end of January for the next chaptre now >.< They caught up with Japanese releases) the only thing I have like that is my Nabari no Ou art book.

You read the Nabari no Ou manga? if so up to what chap? (You got me reading it now )

12.28.2008, 06:14 AM che ken is offline   Profile for che ken Add che ken to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chaptre 55... Cool, I get the next chaptre of this and Kuroshitsuji as an birthday present. X3 *next chaptre doesn't come out until March 18th. There was none this month*

Read chaptre 30 of Kuro. lol, at Snake... XD *when you read the part that "Emily" said to Dagger* I think I like him and the girl disguised as a guy. Joker's character looks interesting now.. And more children's songs. O_O;;

Hoping they'll animate this for the last part of the season. Because I really want to see how Snake says what his snakes are really saying. X3

lol at Sebby trying to "nuture" Ciel... At least there was no huggling in the mix. XD "Say... ahhhh".

02.20.2009, 06:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chobits...
Seen the DVD and now reading the series of manga books...

next one will be XXXholic, not because of the XXX, but because it is by Clamp...

EDIT:
On book #2 of XXXholic...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.23.2009, 10:40 PM.

03.06.2009, 08:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*deleted*

I thought that this was the what are you watching thread... Whoops!

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 03.24.2009, 03:11 AM.

03.24.2009, 03:09 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Karneval. NaiNaiNaiNaiNai. <33 He is so frickin' cute, but Gareki's nice to him. X3 You know my love of series where the mangaka goes "Dammit, it has to be a shounen, why can't it be shounen-ai!".

At least, for now, she hasn't changed characters genders. *cough*Kamatani does though*cough*.

Volume 2 of Legal Drug. I'm sad the third volume is the only other volume out after this, but it sounds good. I'm content though, since CLAMP has like two or three series on the go and there's only limited artists among them. :/ They'll be done with Tsubasa soon and likely HOLiC, and I'm not sure if they're working on Kobato monthly now or not.. or if that's finished. :/

As for LD, Kakei is GORGEOUS.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 03.24.2009, 04:37 PM.

03.24.2009, 04:37 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah! FFF I need to thank you! I've just finished reading Honey Hunt. Oh my lord. I actually love it I love anything with twins in though...

Haruka O.O (L)

I need some more good shoujo-y stuff

03.26.2009, 07:18 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Husky: Seeing as you've read Aqua, why not continue on to Aria?

Still reading Liar Game, the latest game has just ended, now still reading to see how they did it. Unfortunately, this time round, they were throwing numbers in the quantity of billions, so halfway through the story I gave up trying to follow their train of thought.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.26.2009, 09:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Began and finished Paradise Kiss!

All I have to say, is I can see why its considered one of the top 10 Shoujo mangas there is.

Simply amazing.

03.26.2009, 02:52 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Ah! FFF I need to thank you! I've just finished reading Honey Hunt. Oh my lord. I actually love it I love anything with twins in though...

Haruka O.O (L)

I need some more good shoujo-y stuff

Try The One then. XD

I'm weird, people always like the twin I don't. XD I just don't think of it as three guys that like the main character, I think of it as a part of Haruka's past for some reason. The only one without a completely strange reason is shachou, but it's strange nonetheless. XD Out of him and Minamitani-san, I always though shachou would indeed end up liking her. Seemed possible, although I can never see her going for him. :/

I like Minamitani over haruka. Makes you wonder, he only goes by the name Q-Ta as a stage name, right? Then what's his real first name... Even Haruka doesn't say it. That shows something pretty big, I can tell..

Anyways, The One is really, REALLY good. I think it's a manhwa but it classifies waaay above Skip Beat!. Don't generally like Skip Beat!, but people say Honey Hunt is like it and I just cock my head to the side wondering how other than the fact they both are about acting. :/ The One is about modeling, and a lot of the characters come from different places of the world.

I forget, since chaptres haven't been released lately, if the hobo, aka Eros, is my favourite, or if Eros is his twin... :/ That series is pretty good, I got hooked on it and read as many chaptres as I could frantically.

EDIT: Read the two newest chaptres of The One. God, Lele, if I were Eros, I'd probably throw you out a window. But then again, I don't believe it was her fault for getting drunk, and it seemed to me he was getting pissed at the guys around her. XD But then he asked her whether she'd rather go with him or the other ones. Once she's not drunk, she'd probably have the same attitude as Eros. XD

Starting to like Lele's new attitude. Both her personalities were good, except she called Eros "Yin". I burst out laughing and shook my head. I want more.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 03.26.2009, 08:23 PM.

03.26.2009, 08:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
*deleted*

I thought that this was the what are you watching thread... Whoops!

Kiki, Kiki, Kiki....sigh... WHAT are we gonna do with you,,,,sigh. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Roar quote:
@Husky: Seeing as you've read Aqua, why not continue on to Aria?

Because they didn't have Aria at the library... I'll have to go look for it now that you've mentioned it...

03.27.2009, 11:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

07-Ghost. I'm up to ch.8. Waa, I didn't think I'd be sad but I was.

lol at their reaction to Teito hugging Mikage when he suddenly appeared. "His boyfriend maybe?".

03.28.2009, 06:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

His first names Kyuuta!

Yaaaaaay Honey Hunt Chapter 17 ;D Not a lot seemed to actually happen, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Haruka is still my favourite (L)

04.15.2009, 08:02 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ooh, another chapter, Haruko-chan? :'D I need to go find that~. <3 Strangely addicted, though I'm more addicted to The One.

Hana to Akuma.... OK, I want to know WHY is this so popular now?!

04.15.2009, 03:02 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I TRIED to like the one but the guys long hair really turned me off :\ its just TOO long for me to be comfortable with I think.

04.16.2009, 05:52 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks