QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm reading Honey Hunt. :'D

My Anime List

04.16.2009, 01:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Haruko LOL, Eros' hair is awesome. XD You really shouldn't get annoyed with that, I just skipped over the fact there was long haired bishie. He's the ultimate, coolest hobo. And the series gets really awesome are around 20 chaptres. I don't get why Skip Beat! is so popular though... I still prefer The One over it. And Honey Hunt. XD

Whoa, have I started another epidemic?

Awaiting chaptres of Karneval. The third volume cover is so cute, it's of Yogi. *the blonde in my sig* I'm really loving this author's art style. And her characters are cute but you can tell this is likely her first series, but wow what amazing art. It's one I don't have to pay attention to the depth of the storyline to like. XD It's just too cute to deny it love~.

04.16.2009, 08:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll give it another go I guess, try and stomach the long hair

Yeah I mean, I tried Skip Beat and though I think the main female charachter is quite likeable I still prefer Honey Hunt for everything else.

04.17.2009, 07:50 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It does have an oddly interesting plot, eh? Or something... There's something there. I don't know if Yura's first love will ever appear again... it'd be interesting.

My sister uses me to distiguish characters whose genders haven't been explained. XD Seriously. Because there was a pretty hard one and last night right off the bat knew that the German fellow in the manga was a guy, not a girl. lol There's a closeup on them on the second page they appear. XD

Wondering if R-18 has been completed or if the author died before she could finish it... ;__;

04.17.2009, 10:12 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I'm reading D Gray-man. I started on eh... must've been Saturday afternoon, now I'm up to chapter 118. ^^'''

My Anime List

04.20.2009, 04:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Whoa, reminds me when I read all of Hana Kimi in three days. XD But I read slow.. That was a 100 and something chaptres..

What was it I was reading, OH, new chaptre of Kuroshitsuji. So that guy was demented, a pedophile, and just overly weird.. And this chaptre showed the author is not afraid to kill off her characters. (btw, anyone know her yaoi pen name? D: )

And Ciel's father is hot, hot, hot. <3 But why does Undertaker appear when the pedophile mentioned the Phantomhives..?

04.20.2009, 09:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

New chapter of Honey Hunt! Ahhhh one of the best so far, soo cute

04.22.2009, 02:50 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Dammit, you got to it first. DX

New chaptre of The One too. lol, how is Yin/Eros a silver eyed ANGEL? XD Makes me laugh. I think he cuts his hair later.

04.22.2009, 06:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
DreamSequencer
Warawara

Registration Date: 04.22.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DreamSequencer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Nausicaa manga which arrived today!
It's really the only manga I would really read.

04.30.2009, 05:40 PM DreamSequencer is offline   Profile for DreamSequencer Add DreamSequencer to your buddy list Homepage of DreamSequencer
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DreamSequencer
The Nausicaa manga which arrived today!
It's really the only manga I would really read.

Nausicaa manga is AMAZINGNESS!!!

Reading Aria again... and Kitchen Princess.

05.01.2009, 09:30 AM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

New chaptre of Nabari no Ou, ch 57...

- Sweet, nice to see Makoto show some emotion <3 That's pretty awesome
- I will never get over the fact Inasa-sama is a guy. XD
- Fuuma Kotarou is strangely hot when wearing a hat. O_O;
- Why does Miharu look slightly more boyish yet overloadingly cute in this chaptre?
- Needs more Yuki-tan XD
- I have an abnormal love for all characters in this series. Hn, psychopathic, tranny wearing ribbons who can use his legs but sits in a wheelchair AND may be a kira user... Ooh la la~. <3 XD Che che che..

I'll just say this now. Miharu, DON'T fall for another kira user, especially if it's Inasa that I think could strangely be Shijima's twin. XD No, better yet... *snickers*

05.03.2009, 05:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
twirble
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.15.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by twirble Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
New chaptre of Nabari no Ou, ch 57...

I'll just say this now. Miharu, DON'T fall for another kira user, especially if it's Inasa that I think could strangely be Shijima's twin. XD No, better yet... *snickers*

I kinda want to see that now...I don't care I just love the shonen-ai vibes.

I wan't to read more of Karnival....love the art in that series. It reminds me of Kuroshitsuji kinda.

Post last edited by twirble on 05.14.2009, 12:02 AM.

05.14.2009, 12:01 AM twirble is offline   Profile for twirble Add twirble to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

lol, true, true. XD

Sweet, you like Karneval too? Ironically was about to come here to say something on it.. Is that the author's first series? Here art is adorable. <3 I have a friend making a sig more me, but she's busy right now. I've been waiting about two months maybe. Poor thing, she's working on it though. lol I love her signatures too much to deny it..

Well, I've certainly been reading a lot of manhwa lately. I also am the one having to suggest series to people these days and many of them haven't read manhwa. XD Aw gawd...

05.23.2009, 09:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just checked out 'Oishinbo', 2 books, one is 'Sake' and I forget the other one, offhand...

Also, three others, all out in the car wiating for this long weekend...

06.24.2009, 08:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I've read a LOT of shoujo recently since whenever my love life is a bit messed up it makes me feel better

Recent reads including Perfect Girl Evolution, Skip Beat, Special A, H2O etcccc.

Haven't finished PGE yet but thoroughly enjoying it Special A and H20 were SOOO good, really really liked those. Skip Beat - meh. I prefer Honey Hunt.

06.30.2009, 07:28 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm reading Loveless just now, I'm up to chapter 71 I think. It's pretty good. ^^ Pretty much every single plot and subplot in the anime was left hanging, so I kinda had to read the manga to find out what actually happens lol.

I would still be reading D.Gray-man if I could but it's still on darn HIATUS. DDDDD: It's been on hiatus since like March. Argh... they'd better get going with it soon. She was just about to go into Kanda's past, damn it! Rrrr...

My Anime List

06.30.2009, 12:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

CALLING ALL SHOUJO FANS

Finished Absolute Boyfriend in one go last night. Couldn't tear myself away. Fantastic manga I thought, really good.

A brief summary:

Riiko having had bad luck with boys jokingly orders a 'Love Figure' inputing all the personality qualities she wants it to have. She thinks the website is a fake, however she couldn't be more wrong! The next day she is delivered Night, a living figurine who looks human and is configured to be the 'perfect' boyfriend. However it turns out he costs 100 million yen and the only way to avoid paying the costs is to get Night to collect data on the 'female mystique' and he must not be found out at any cost! Can Riiko keep the secret from everybody including her childhood friend and Neighbour Soshi?

As I said very brieeef. I know it sounds a little 'typical fluffy girly nonsense'-y kind of Shoujo but it's actually very touching and heartwarming. At the end I very nearly cried I was so moved. I even had a dream about it last night. So yes! I recommend it to all the Tavern's shoujo fans

07.03.2009, 10:40 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

DOUBLE POST SORRY.

tavern is dead at the moment D:

Okay! Shoujo Supernatural, always a favourite with the female residents of the Tavern I do believe. Last night I had the pure delight of discovering Hana to Akuma.

Gorgeous demon comes to Earth, finds a human baby and decides to take it in as a diversion. 14 years later child has grown up into a pretty young girl, cue romance and thrilling demon encounters. It's really enjoyable, reminds me a lot of early on Vampire Knight (whilst it was still good ). And I really like the mangaka's style of drawing.

So yeah, read

07.14.2009, 10:48 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

lol, glad people are reading Hana to Akuma. It's cute. ^^ *found it a year ago*

Right now, the manga Cousin. About a chubby girl who, after graduating from high school, becomes a freeter at a video rental shop. She never cared about looks, although she began to become pressured since people found out she was cousin's with a popular idol, who's her age. After bumping into an extremely tall man who looses his card for the store, she and her coworker embark to the man's bar to return it.

I love the characters in this, particularly the old man. He somehow becomes her love interest and I absolutely love him. XD He's not good looking or anything, just plain awesome. ♥

Another right now is The One. I'm amazed by the development there will be. 8D Seeing Yin as Lele's fake lover is cute. I love how the females seem to disregard the male's gender preference in this series. 3/4 are gay. XD

Gave life to Leo, the rather masculine male who wishes he was a woman. He. Is. LOVE. Loong is becoming more interesting. He cut his hair. So in the later chaptres for those sick of looooooong hair his is shorter.

The Silver Eyed Monster is still my hobo.

Then Maid-sama!. The lead is a powerful student president bent on making her school more enjoyable for the female students. Her home life isn't easy now since her father left her family in debt, and she ends up working at a maid cafe in secret. Except a certain annoyance, Utsui, follows her to her job.

The relationships in this are so cute. It's not a waste of time to read. Even the rejections have their beauty.

07.15.2009, 08:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

@FFF -

I actually love you! You are like, my manga mentor. Gave The One another try and after growing accustomed to the long hair actually grew to quite like it. Reallllly like the series! Very similar to Honey Hunt but more likeable female lead in my opinion. Plus more interesting twins.

Maid-Sama! is also greaaaat. Really like Usui, soo cute and the storyline is just generally very sweet.

So yes, thank you for once again introducing me to fantastic mangas.

07.18.2009, 02:48 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks