QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
@Saddles: "references" as in homages and appropriations of other anime series.. for example when the main character finds the persecom girl she is wrapped up in white bandages for no apparent reason other than to look alot like a scene from Elfen Lied (havent seen all of either series so you dont have to take my word on that though). also, while humanoid computers are very popular in anime, i still see the fact that the persecoms can link up via a cable from the back of their neck as an obvious GITS reference.
Yes, the EL/bandages thing struck me at once, but doesn't Chobits pre-date EL? The bandages are also fanservice, don't forget no self-respecting anime aimed at males requires a dose or three of that I mean, come on, we're unable to enjoy anything that doesn't include a hint of flesh or underwear...

It's odd how super-advanced some of the cyborgs/robots etc (GITS included) are yet they still use hard-wire technology for their mainframe uplink or whatever. Of course as a cinematic device a connection needs to be shown so the viewer can understand what is going on but technologically I think these machines would all use wireless links, its much more flexible.

About the Mizuho picture, yes, her body shape is restrained a little in that one which is good to see, but not very much. In the series she isn't actually too crazy a shape, less so than some anime females and at least being in her twenties its more beleivable than someone that shape who is supposed to 14-16.

I just like the entire body shape there though and how the shading of the dress is done, her left knee and thigh and her stomach are all painted so well, you get a real feel of a solid body wearing a dress under gravity rather than the usual simple anime style. But then it is a stand alone painting (fanart?) and not a screencap.

@ Orphic : Colouring, yes its beautiful, the BG especially, the whole picture has such a gentle serene feel to it with that lighting.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.11.2008, 02:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe, yes. I love coming across pictures like that, where you can honestly look at it and think, 'oh that's beautiful'. So much of that silly moe crap going around, it's irratating...but then I end up appreciating the good artwork more ^_^

Hehe, cute face...don't think this one is from anything. She doesn't look familiar.

05.11.2008, 04:32 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, PSP, phone, music, magazine and a manga. Reminds me of someone...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.11.2008, 04:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Hm, PSP, phone, music, magazine and a manga. Reminds me of someone...

...Who?

Ooh wait, wait, I know this!

Oh nevermind...

Post last edited by fenkashi on 05.11.2008, 04:43 AM.

05.11.2008, 04:39 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awww, that's cute. She also has awesome toys.

05.11.2008, 05:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*cough*Megan*cough*

But straight to the point, that is an INCREDIBLE picture. And I'm not talking about just the girl. Looking at the items shown in the picture, it shows incredible depth into the girl's life, as if she was really alive. It simply strikes me as something a really good artist can draw; the picture seriously looks, well, alive.

It's late now so I can't type in detail, but I'll try do so tomorrow. In the meantime, maybe someone else here shares my view?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.11.2008, 11:34 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I agree, we know a lot about her from that picture - not just her hobbies and likes but something about the kind of life she lives and the sort of friends she has.

You can tell something about a person by the clothes too.

It reminds me of some of the shots of Shizuku's bedroom.

05.11.2008, 12:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ Fen: Such a pretty picture of a pretty girl, please tell me where you find all this lovely stuff!

That's such a simple picture. I can just imagine lying on her bed with her chatting about her day, what she did, which friends she met. Its so natural.

05.11.2008, 02:15 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree. Very cute, and I love all the little details. She really does seem like a living, breathing person.

05.11.2008, 02:55 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm intrigued by that ring she's put on her bedside shelf. Why has she taken it off? Was it a gift from someone or a present to herself? Might she have a special friend who gave it? Is it from her father or mother maybe? Have they passed on? Just so much I want to ask her about that ring alone.

05.11.2008, 04:24 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Oh yes, I love this picture ^_^ It totally jumped out at me and became an istant fave. Great angle xD

quote:
Originally posted by Maho_Fushida
@ Fen: Such a pretty picture of a pretty girl, please tell me where you find all this lovely stuff!

Ah, hard questions. For the most part, I don't remember where I find pictures. It's mostly from browsing imageboards while I'm bored or having links sent to me. And from there, I pick up favourite artists and they'll have their galleries...like deviantart pages (good place to look for stuff). Then, they have their favourites and that leads to different pages xD But yeah, once you find some artists you like, it's pretty easy to find pictures. You can always start with photobucket or imageshack.

Um, the picture in my last post is by this online artist...kurojishi. He's got stuff on pixiv if you can read japanese or this other place (PM if you want it).

Here's some more stuff!

That one's by Oh! Great (this manga artist ... think Air Gear). Such a cool picture!

@ Saddles, yeah, I was totally drawn by that ring. First her face, then her toys and then that ring. It'd be fun to talk to her xD

05.11.2008, 04:31 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I was intrigued by that ring as well. I do love how much that picture says (and doesn't say!).

And I've seen that picture before. On another forum, somebody posted it as their wallpaper. It's really cool, isn't it?

05.11.2008, 04:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Yeah, I think this one is quite popular. It's just so cool all the detail he's put into this and the colours are gorgeous, a little gritty...I'd like to see stuff like this when walking under bridges, instead of the usual tags.

Hm, and it carries onto the floor...^_^

05.11.2008, 05:15 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

All the graffiti is really interesting. It's quite similar to the previous picture in that it asks so many questions. And I was just thinking about how small the door outline is... maybe that means the door was painted by kids? I'm probably reading too much into this.

05.11.2008, 05:19 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Lol, I dunno...you should see it when you magnify it...all this other stuff come out. Her eyes are totally gorgeous. And her nails are painted blue and that highway...the arrows become x's. Hehe, this is one of those pictures I could stare at for hours ^_^

*wonders which one to put up next...*

05.11.2008, 05:33 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Whoa. Wow. Just wow. Wonderful. What a beautiful face, such a great attitude. I love her pose, and the shine on her shoes and the 5 or 6 different coloured hairclips and the way she's stuffed the battery pack for the chainsaw in her school bag with those two little fluffy keyring animals right beside it

The wall reminds me of art from the Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine", very 60s.

Can you please post a picture of her face at full size?

05.11.2008, 06:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

A bit tenuous but there is a girl in this picture and you can probably guess who it is. This image is 1/4 actual size and while you can see some of the detail in the full size pic there is stacks of weird stuff to find, there is almost as much weird gunk in here as there is in the anime it's from

05.11.2008, 06:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Oh cool! I like that. So much stuff...wish I could read Japanese, though...

Here's her face...

05.11.2008, 06:44 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

You were right, the eyes are very pretty indeed. I like her smile too, and her hair is so cool up close!

05.11.2008, 06:49 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

05.11.2008, 07:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks