QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - This... And That Game
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » This... And That Game » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  56  57  58  59  60  61    »  ]
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I usually buy only water to drink that comes in bottles. Canned food is also not my thing so I choose the former.

Printed-out encyclopedias or encyclopedias online?

07.04.2018, 01:53 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since thery are so much easier these days to search a topic online, that is the way I go now, online...

Gummy Bears or Choclate-caramel bits...

07.04.2018, 03:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No answer for awhile so I'll answer myself...

Most definitely chocolate-caramel bits...

next choice:

sticking with sweets:

'York' peppermint patties or licorce centered 'Good N' Plenty's'

07.17.2018, 05:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I prefer the sticking in the peppermint patties over the licorice one.

Fantasy set in a secondary world (e.g. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings), or fantasy set in our world(e.g. Mary Norton's The Borrowers)?

07.24.2018, 11:40 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Oh, man... That's makes the choice hard....

I'm going to go with the 'fantasy set in our world' genre...

A job where you are working outdoors all the time, with indoor activities for entertainment...

or

A job where you are working indoors all the time, with outdoor activities for entertainment...

07.24.2018, 03:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Working indoors, outdoor entertainment. Though I think that might be influenced by the record-breaking temperatures outside right now...

Pen or pencil?

07.24.2018, 09:51 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Working indoors, outdoor entertainment. Though I think that might be influenced by the record-breaking temperatures outside right now...

Off Topic arren, but what are the temperatures there?

Palm Springs, about 25 miles away in So Cal was over 122F, a record for there. We were only abt 109F, lol

07.24.2018, 10:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:

Pen or pencil?

I do prefer a pen....

Next choice:

Vacationing someplace in your own country...

or

Vacationing someplace in another country...

07.24.2018, 10:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:

Off Topic arren, but what are the temperatures there?

Palm Springs, about 25 miles away in So Cal was over 122F, a record for there. We were only abt 109F, lol

Yeah, I heard that California was getting some crazy temperatures too. Here it's been in the upper 30s (Celsius) for several days. A few days ago 41.1C was recorded, and that's apparently the highest it's ever been in Japan.

I'd rather travel in other countries. Scotland is so small compared to all the places that I still want to see.

spicy or sour?

07.26.2018, 04:22 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Threewishes
Tanuki

While I like to put little wasabi into sushi, I'm not really enthused over spicy food. Sour is better in my opinion.

Carl Barks or Don Rosa?

07.26.2018, 11:49 PM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I simply do not know the names mentioned...

08.03.2018, 02:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

Sorry about that, these names are somewhat known in my country. They are comic book artists of the Donald Duck Magazine, Barks being the one who came up with most of the characters of Duckburg - Scrooge McDuck and the Beagle Boys for example.

Don Rosa has writes his own stories also, but he draws in a more detailed way than Barks. I can think of a new question if this one is too obscure...

08.03.2018, 09:58 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes, if you wish...

As for me, I looked up the names (ain't Wiki great, lol) And as much as I read and watched Donald Duck as a kid and young adult, I never paid any attention to the names. After reading their short bios, I would have been hard pressed to choose between the two since they both seemed to shriek Donal Duck!, lol.

08.03.2018, 01:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

Thanks for taking your time to read about it. I was wondering if people here had preferences of their drawing styles and stories.

Here’s a new one:

Do you like to do tasks (in creative projects for example) in large chunks or split them into even smaller jobs?

08.04.2018, 02:40 PM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On the whole I prefer to get things done in large chunks. If I've got an essay or a translation or anything like that to work on, I'd rather sit for a few hours (with occasional breaks of course) and just get it all done rather than drawing the process out over days. I never do over the course of a week what I can get done in one night. That applies to recreational things too, like drawing. Most I get done in one sitting.

Let's say you can travel in time, would you rather visit the past or the future?

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 08.04.2018, 03:04 PM.

08.04.2018, 03:03 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Tough choice, but I'll go with the past. I can go to times in the past that I know about and choose based on that. The future might have things that I hope for... but it might also prove my fears right. So the past wins for me.

Sea animals or flying animals?

08.04.2018, 03:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Sea Animals...

New Choice:

Old Black and White movies with their required creative artistry
or Modern movies with their colorful methods ...?

08.05.2018, 01:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

I have grown up with the modern ones, but I'm more interested in the old ones nowadays. I like special effects, but only when they are used to highlight an important point in the story, so they shouldn't be in excess (in my opinion).

Lengthy books or shorter ones?

08.24.2018, 02:38 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Shorter. I've read some pretty long books, but nowadays I just don't have the motivation. I prefer when the author can make a more concise story that doesn't require extensive subplots.

Classical or jazz?

08.24.2018, 04:08 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Classical...

Although I like all kinds of music, I find this the most relaxing...

for summer wear, flip flops or sneakers?

08.25.2018, 11:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  56  57  58  59  60  61    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks