QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  689  690  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy New Year, husky and everyone!

01.01.2022, 10:38 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy New Year, Girl, enjoy your life...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.01.2022, 02:17 PM.

01.01.2022, 02:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy New Year Everyone! I'm glad I found the Tavern this year.

It's a place I like to come to daily and feel comforted. Hope you all have a wonderful year.

01.03.2022, 10:29 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to have you here Buta! I know it's very quiet here nowadays, but it's always nice to see somebody new join in and still want to stick around and have fun.

Kind of on that note, I finally did a thing I was thinking of for a while - I made a Twitter for Ghibli Tavern. I just thought it might be a different way for members and others to be part of the community and to share more stuff to do with Ghibli. I haven't really done anything with it yet, but I will be using it more soon, so if anybody has ideas for stuff to post about, please let me know!

Anyway, here it is: https://twitter.com/GhibliTavern

01.03.2022, 04:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Arren, just followed!

I had an idea if you all had not already done so. But it might be cool to do a group book club on "How do you live?" the book that Miyazaki- San is basing his new film off of.

Not a long book but might be fun anyway if anyone is interested!

01.06.2022, 05:00 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Ooh, that is an interesting idea. I see it only recently got an English translation, by Bruno Navasky.

Anybody else want to do something like this?

01.07.2022, 04:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

New Film?

If I can find a copy of the book, sounds like it might be fun...almost like doing a book report back in my school days... sigh, DECADES ago, lol... I was one that liked to read, so book reports were not the terror that many others seemed to feel...

01.07.2022, 02:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I searched and searched and searched until I FINALLY found a copy of "How Do You Live?" by Yoshino Genzaburo (and it even has a foreword by Neil Gaiman). In English!!!

Oh, the search was so tedious...sigh, Took me all of about three, THREE minutes! The calluses that were raised on my typing fingertips!

As I hope you all will comprehend, this post was written in jest... I've already ordered a copy via eBay and should receive it within a couple of weeks... Hoping you enjoyed the humor

01.07.2022, 02:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I'll have another look too and see how easily I can get hold of it. But even if we don't end up managing to organise it into a book club, it might still be interesting to try and read it.

01.11.2022, 05:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: finished submitting a scholarship application to cover the rest of my PhD! I would still have to get through an interview if I do get shortlisted, but I do hope I can get something out of this.

01.26.2022, 04:54 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Congrats Arren, good work! I hope all your hard work comes to fruition!

01.26.2022, 05:41 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Wishing you the best, arren....

On another note, my copy of "How Do You Live" arrived today and I read the 'forward' by Neil Gaiman, whetting my appetite...

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of another book at the moment, "Queen of the Night" by J.A. Jance, a mystery, soI cannot start right in and must wait a day or two, maybe three...

01.26.2022, 11:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Thank you! I have my fingers crossed.

It's cool that you got the book already husky! Let us know what you think when you get a chance to read it.

01.27.2022, 01:13 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Will Do!

01.28.2022, 12:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: I got an invitation to an interview for the scholarship! It'll be on 4 March, hopefully online.

02.10.2022, 05:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Congrats Arren, great news!

Not to steal your thunder, but thankfully I just accepted a position at a new job starting on March 1st.

02.13.2022, 06:00 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Congratulations to both of you... Hoping thatg everything works out well for you...

MY H/L for today (ok, yesterday, lol) is that I tested negative on my home test... ...

02.13.2022, 10:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Good luck with the new job Buta!

I hope you're doing okay husky! Was this just a routine test or have you been having problems?

02.13.2022, 11:36 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

No. No problems...

The gov't sent out 4 home test kits to every home and I screwed up the first test... So I waited til evening and did it again and it was negative as well... They send a plastic capsule of activating fluid (?) within each kit and it wasn't until I finished the first test that I noticed that there wasn't the proper amount of fluid in the test vial...

Whether the capsule was short (not likely) or I spilled some of it while adding it to the vial (most likely)... I didn't know how critical the proper amount was to the procedure, so I decided to re-do the test later... sigh. Anyway, I still have two kits left...

02.13.2022, 04:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HAHAHA fun and games the next five days...

My landlord is having the roofing renewed on my house... I've been cautioned to be careful when leaving my house, watching for falling items and nails on the ground.. (I usually wear mocassins...) I'll wear the thicker soled shoes for now... When the hammering starts, I'll probably go to the park and read...

02.16.2022, 11:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  689  690  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks