QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - favorite film
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General favorite film Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
helen
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  favorite filmPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by helen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, and what about such film as "only yesterday". its wonderful, may be some of you could suggest me smth in the same way. thanks

08.07.2006, 02:53 PM helen is offline   Profile for helen Add helen to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you like Only Yesterday, you'll probably like Takahata's other Ghibli films. There's Pom Poko, Grave of the Fireflies, and My Neighbors the Yamadas.

08.09.2006, 10:13 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
helen
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  favorite filmPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by helen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thanks, i will try to find

08.10.2006, 03:51 PM helen is offline   Profile for helen Add helen to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You'd probably enjoy the films of Yuri Norstein and Frederic Back, two animators who Takahata (and Miyazaki) greatly admire.
Frederic Back: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0045610/
Yuri Norstein: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0635956/

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Post last edited by Konan on 08.10.2006, 04:21 PM.

08.10.2006, 04:21 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
walaataleb
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by walaataleb Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the best is mononoke

08.19.2006, 09:47 AM walaataleb is offline   Profile for walaataleb Add walaataleb to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is tricky, but I'll try and list them...

1) Princess Mononoke
2) Spirited Away
3) Metropolis
4) Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
5) Kiki's Delivery Service

I don't know if that order is right or not, but my list is something roughly along those lines...

EDIT: oh my god! I can't believe I left out GotF! I dunno how I would re-do my list though, so I won't bother...

Post last edited by arren18 on 11.22.2006, 12:43 PM.

08.19.2006, 11:03 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. Grave of the Fireflies
2. Howl's Moving Castle
3. Spirited Away
4. Laputa Castle of the Sky
5. My Neighbour Totoro

08.19.2006, 05:51 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow you guys!!, well i love Spirited Away, there i said it it's my one and only favorite !!!!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

08.20.2006, 07:51 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I dont know but I had a feeling you would say that. That pretty wierd eh? lol

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.20.2006, 07:52 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

apart from anime:

Apocolypse Now
Boyz N Tha Hood
Requiem For A Dream
Dirty Harry
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

cheers

08.21.2006, 05:17 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SPIRITED AWAY RULES !!!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

08.25.2006, 11:37 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Endless Twilight
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Endless Twilight Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm I havent heard of spirited away (unless its the one where a wee doll's ma an' da turn into cows or sheep. Maybe it was pigs, cant remember)

08.26.2006, 12:13 AM Endless Twilight is offline   Profile for Endless Twilight Add Endless Twilight to your buddy list Send an Email to Endless Twilight Homepage of Endless Twilight
Cherry
Totoro

how could they turn into a cow and a sheep !!! but yea thats the one oh it's my favorite movie anime and soundtracks !!!!!!!!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

08.26.2006, 12:34 AM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Cujo
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.21.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cujo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really liked The greave of the fireflies, so... it's my number one.

10.26.2006, 01:31 PM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wait.. One of you guys never heard of Spirited away?
It's a award winner, too.
Laputa and Porco Rosso. Air pirates rule!!

10.26.2006, 04:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yo yo im gonna stick with the film thread

top 3 anime

1)wisper of the heart
2)princess mononoke
3)porco rosso

non-anime movies

1) dawn of the dead (george a romario)
2)kagemusha shadow warrior
3)battle royal I+II

11.22.2006, 12:38 PM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My top 5 anime list isn't correct anymore. I've just noticed

So here's the REAL list:

1) Whisper of the Heart
2) Princess Mononoke
3) Grave of the Fireflies
4) Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
5) Metropolis

11.22.2006, 12:42 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i forgot to put in cat returns..love that one too.

11.22.2006, 04:42 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Favourite Ghiblis;

1) Whisper of the Heart
2) Only Yesterday
3) Spirited Away

(there are many other great Ghiblis, these are just my favourite three)

Other favourite anime:

1) The Place Promised in Our Early Days (looks simply stunning, great plot, great characters with a lot of depth, and oh, I'm just a sucker for a good love story)
2) Sky Blue (I know a lot of people hate it but I love it simply because it looks so good)
3) Blood: The Last Vampire (another gorgeous looking movie)

No doubt as I watch more anime the list will change.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.22.2006, 04:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli:
1.Porco Rosso
2.Laputa
3.Princess Mononoke
(okay, I love them all!)
Anime(other):
1.Fullmetal Alchemist
2.Tsubasa Chronicle
3.Bleach
Um, anime only appeals to me. Real movies, I
can't find an interest in them..

11.22.2006, 05:10 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks