QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Video Game are you currently playing?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What Video Game are you currently playing? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Still tinkering around in MSTS...recently began work on the Los Angeles - San Francisco line owned by Union Pacific, including several branch lines.

Posted some screengrabs on my DeviantArt. Mainly my custom Galaxy Express 999 trainset running on the closed-and-lifted Ojai Valley branch, and a re-color of a Pacific Surfliner engine.

More snapshots coming soon!

04.03.2012, 02:34 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Beyond Good & Evil in HD for 360. It's an older game.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.11.2012, 12:51 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Been playing a ton of indie games over the past few months, and before that, Super Mario 3D Land. For all intensive purposes, I have given up my Xbox 360. I haven't touched it in almost 2 years now.

As I get older, gaming just because less interesting than it used to be. That is, unless we are talking about video games from childhood. I can play those any day of the week, mainly just for the nostalgia.

04.11.2012, 10:18 PM  
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, MSTS is looking terribly dated now.

Currently playing a lot of Scourge of War - Gettysburg which as a computer wargame is possibly the best yet made. Reasonably realistic and the multiplayer is great fun. There's also a fixed first person view for a realistic command option with all orders sent via couriers which is tough work.

I'm currently umpiring a campaign using it and involving about 25 players.

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.ph...1-tiltshift.jpg

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.ph...3-tiltshift.jpg

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.ph...4-tiltshift.jpg

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.ph...9-tiltshift.jpg

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.ph.../screen0016.jpg

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.12.2012, 02:22 PM.

04.12.2012, 02:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally decided to look at what all the fuss was about Katawa Shoujo. Have it dl'd and waiting to play once finals finish.

Apparently it's hard to stop once you've started. Anyone played?

04.12.2012, 03:24 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Finally decided to look at what all the fuss was about Katawa Shoujo. Have it dl'd and waiting to play once finals finish.

Apparently it's hard to stop once you've started. Anyone played?

I started tonight, very unwisely I might add. I should have waited for finals to finish, too. This game is absurdly addicting.

It is really, really, good. The production value is high, the writing is fantastic, the story and characters are gripping, and the music is fitting and beautiful. I had not even heard of the game before you mentioned it.

Even though it is very Shoujo-like, I find it very accesible. It's interesting....

Post last edited by on 04.12.2012, 09:49 PM.

04.12.2012, 09:48 PM  
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, sorry about that zach. xP But good to hear it's that good. I'll look forward to it!

04.12.2012, 09:51 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zacharykrodel
Been playing a ton of indie games over the past few months, and before that, Super Mario 3D Land. For all intensive purposes, I have given up my Xbox 360. I haven't touched it in almost 2 years now.

As I get older, gaming just because less interesting than it used to be. That is, unless we are talking about video games from childhood. I can play those any day of the week, mainly just for the nostalgia.

I know what ya mean about the games from childhood. I just played Cool Spot & Altered Beast on my SEGA the other day

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.13.2012, 08:50 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Contra XD Nostalgic, yea?

I just happened to come across a download and decided to dig it out. Gawd, how the hell did I ever get through this game when every hit is a OHKO? I can't even get past stage 2 now.

Will probably go looking for Super Mario soon too, heh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.14.2012, 11:14 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition.
Leon and Ada are the classiest zombie-fighting duo ever.

04.20.2012, 03:52 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I bought Just Dance 3 for the Wii after seeing PewDiePie playing it on YouTube. Played it for the first time today. Much fun was had. 8D

My Anime List

04.20.2012, 04:49 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Sims 3, PC/Mac version, came in the post yesterday. Definitely the best Sims I've played. The level of detail to which you can customise... well, everything... is insane! In Create-A-Sim mode I'd even say it's a little infuriating. There's so much to tinker with on each little physical aspect. I think on the nose alone you must have at least twelve little sliders to control various things like nostril definition and bridge rotation. Great fun for aspiring plastic surgeons, I suppose. Since I'm playing it on the computer I'm able to download and use mods for the first time too, which is fun.

The social interactions are great too, there're so many options.

My Anime List

06.07.2012, 01:41 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hehe i also play the sims 3 but i kinda stuffed up my game. I paused time because i didn't want my sims to grow up but now the whole town is really rich, and all of their inventories are filled with literaly 50-100 cars...

Lately i have been playing a lot of Kartrider Dash! It is addictive!

06.07.2012, 09:27 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I tried Sims 3 on my sisters computer and yeah, I got a little frustrated that there's just so much you can do.. But it's quite fun..
Btw Kazegami, thanks for introducing me to Pewdipie. I've become a fast bro >w<

Been playing a couple of games lately. Yesterday I finished Limbo, which was pretty good, but with tricky puzzles.
Also been playing Toki Tori. It's a really fun and cute game.
Tried to play Bit.Trip Runner, but it's so rage inducing I can't play it often... And last but not least I finally started playing Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core. I've wanted to play it for so long but haven't had time. So far it's pretty good.

06.09.2012, 09:27 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

@Cal ~ Lol, maybe the same will happen to my lot in time; I play with aging turned off too. Eh, maybe when they've achieved everything in life I'll have them adopt a couple of kids and have a new generation to move onto.

@Jelly ~ Aw cool, you're welcome! *brofist* xD I've just finally finished watching all of his series up to date, so I hardly know what to do with myself now. :') I think Happy Wheels is my favourite, but some of the Amnesia custom stories are really funny too. How about you?

Oh, you have Crisis Core? I'm jealous. I'd love to have played that. This one time I downloaded all the cutscenes and watched them, so I know the story pretty well. It was a long time ago, but it's not one you forget. Hope you enjoy. (:

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 06.09.2012, 11:58 AM.

06.09.2012, 11:57 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, well at least he uploads pretty often, but I see what you mean.. xD I haven't watched all of his vids yet, but I will eventually. I've been watching the Ao oni series lately, but I've stopped halfway through because I feel like playing the game and now I don't wanna spoil it by watching more videos, still... I want to watch cause they're soo funny! That voice he's doing is just hilarious! xD But yeah, my favorites are probably the amnesia videos, or maybe the dancing videos...

06.09.2012, 01:56 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Haha, Ao Oni was really funny. Yes, the voice. Ay carumba senorita... xD

My Anime List

06.10.2012, 11:36 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Hahaha, yeah I love it xD Guess I gotta hurry up and play Ao oni so I can watch the rest.

06.13.2012, 03:43 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Just bought the first Devil May Cry game, should be here on Monday. Ever since I got to play a little of DMC4 at a friend's house, I've wanted to get into this series. That, and I've seen a lot of great fan art.

Also considering buying one or both of the Castlevania games that were released for PS2, they look like my kind of game.

My Anime List

06.16.2012, 06:32 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm playing Pokemon Fire Red (I only played the old version before) in my cellphone (Android's app). Even that I play sometimes, I just can't live without any pokemon game.

The Sims 3 is really great, but I get tired of the game so fast >< And I used to watch my brother playing Devil May Cry, nice game too.

06.24.2012, 04:10 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks