QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hn, trying to find where I can watch Tokyo Marble Chocolate, that is, if it's out yet.. Looks like an old animation, but really cute. ^^

Wait, found it. But I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to watch first, the girls view or the guys.. Maybe it doesn't matter? ._.

Hn, very cute. The donkey makes it funny. X3

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 01.17.2008, 02:24 PM.

01.17.2008, 02:06 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Currently watching Saikano again. I'm trying to give it a fair chance but it's failing miserably again, it's just the sillyness of the situation that turns me off, I need some sort of realistic or well held together premise behind a plot for it to satisfy me.

I'm not a fan of the faces either, they look like hamsters.

And all the crying... nah, it's not working.

It might be the action side of things, I don't really enjoy action. I think I'm the exact opposite of Harmony.

I didn't think the storyline was really all that bad, although I'd say that there wasn't enough explanation for the things that happen. And I really don't see how action could be the issue, when there's very little action in it at all.

01.17.2008, 02:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw, I was right. This anime is adorable. I wanted to cry at certain parts. I think Misa's voice actress did that girl Miki's voice. o.O I'm a little confused by the end, it fits the song very well. I can't tell what exactly happened because the music was playing, then stopped and she started crying when he appeared and had found the present she threw off the tower. I need to watch the guys view next. o.O Cause then maybe I'll know.. The reason I'm confused is because she was trying to break up with him and decided not to and or something.. OK, I wanna cry now. >.< FFF is gonna go crawl into a hole and cry..

01.17.2008, 03:08 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished watching that film, Little Norse Prince, by Isao Takahata.

To put it simply... I thought it was rubbish.

Non-stop amateur dramatics. Talking animals. Unconvincing characters. Irritating music. I'll stop now. But seriously, I am not watching that again.

It was like some kind of Disney cross-over. <_<

My Anime List

01.17.2008, 04:25 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I just finished watching that film, Little Norse Prince, by Isao Takahata.

To put it simply... I thought it was rubbish.

Non-stop amateur dramatics. Talking animals. Unconvincing characters. Irritating music. I'll stop now. But seriously, I am not watching that again.

It was like some kind of Disney cross-over. <_<

Yeah it didnt do anything for me either, though it had a few charachters that i found amusing. But than again i also had trouble adjusting to the level of animation. Im used to seeing amazing Ghibli art so when the battle scenes were just like a picture that the camera moved from different angles on and there was battle noises in the background...well i was a bit dissapointed.

01.17.2008, 04:35 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Currently watching Saikano again. I'm trying to give it a fair chance but it's failing miserably again, it's just the sillyness of the situation that turns me off, I need some sort of realistic or well held together premise behind a plot for it to satisfy me.

I'm not a fan of the faces either, they look like hamsters.

And all the crying... nah, it's not working.

It might be the action side of things, I don't really enjoy action. I think I'm the exact opposite of Harmony.

I quite liked it to be honest. The hamster faces were annoying yeah, but no more so than Toro Honda's ludicrously sized eyes. The story was pretty solid as far as I was concerned, but if anything I felt as it sped up a little it go better. It was the sort of sitation where had it been live action I'd have complained about poor acting, but yet it's be hard to critise that for something animated. I'm not really sure what I'm getting at here, lol, but i still think I wouldn't watch it again, at least for a while. I think I'd been watching equally tear-heavy "Suzuka"prior to this, so i was probably in the right frame of mind for it.

As an aside Laputa: Castle in the Sky was showing on film4 earlier in the day, so I got the chance to sit an enjoy that today for the second time.
As for what I'm watching now: Still working my way through OHSHC, and loving every minuite of it. I'm on episode 21 now, so I'll have finished it before I got to bed

Atra

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.17.2008, 04:39 PM.

01.17.2008, 04:38 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, and I didn't even find any of the characters amusing. The whole thing just made me want to cringe it was that bad. Oh I'm bashing this so badly! Hope there's no Little Norse Prince fans around here...*looks around nervously*

My Anime List

01.17.2008, 04:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Saddles i got to the end of the 18th episode! I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN Aw how cute - SuperSuperCute.

Lovely ain't it? Makes you wish you could be in that situation...

There's that one close up of Otani as he's looking at her and he's drawn really really well and he's got the most awesome expression on his face - caring and loving and so serious and almost aroused at the same time. Very sexy, screw how titchy he is, he's clearly a guy worth loving!

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.17.2008, 05:18 PM.

01.17.2008, 05:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I KNOW! Also since im pretty short myself i kind of sympathise with him, bless.... I think the best part is neither one of them are perfect, and they DO look odd together but your still like cheering them on with every step. Usually in animes they look really cute together and its like boombomading they're together! On this Koizumi really tries for ages and ages so when she and him do have their special moments you feel so glad for them.

01.17.2008, 05:46 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe, I lurved that episode. So sweet and Otani is hawt. I don't often think that about anime characters but Otani is definitely hawt and when he's not he makes up for it by being adorable ^_^

Post last edited by fenkashi on 01.17.2008, 08:57 PM.

01.17.2008, 08:57 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, gawsh! You're all foaming at ANOTHER series I've not seen! *writes it down and adds it to list*

Why didn't someone tell me about all this lovely anime ten years ago!

01.17.2008, 10:04 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anime teacher in da house, yo, wassup people.

Lovely Complex is a recent series, ended 1-2 months back. Personally I hated the ending, simply because it looked like the studio ran out of budget and ideas. The art was screwy, the story was shaky at times, and while it followed the manga almost perfectly, the directing was just bad.

Still a good series though. One note though: DO NOT WATCH THE LIVE-ACTION MOVIE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

You have been warned.

@Atradius: Mushi-shi was voted as the best anime in history in one poll FROM JAPAN, and one of the best in a few others.

The people who hated it are probably narutards or the like (no offence to naruto lovers out there). But may I also recommend the Aria series to you as well, one of THE finest slice-of-life series in recent times.

@Everyone: No box set, but Haruhi is already out subbed AND dubbed, both in the US and UK. It's not complete yet though, last I heard, so eh.

Oh, and the novels ARE translated-- online, that is. Do a search for Baka-Tsuki, they've translated 9 volumes so far, and the novels contain far more details (and is far less confusing) than the anime series, while still keeping the magic of Suzumiya Haruhi.

Back on topic...

Watching Higurashi no Naku koro ni, or When They Cry. It's got comedy, but mainly horror/suspense. The creepiness and certain... uh... graphic (and non-graphic) details should be a good draw.

Also, may I recommend to everyone here a good political anime series called Saiunkoku Monogatari. It's lighter than another popular political series Twelve Kingdoms (which was also fantastic, albeit abruptly ended due to reasons unknown). Both are based on novel series, and known to be very popular in Japan.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.18.2008, 12:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Way to set thing straight Roar. Good call.

Currently watching Zero no Tsukaima. So far it seems like it is harry potter done in anime, but harry potter sucked, so hopefully this will be better.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.18.2008, 12:09 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Hehe, I lurved that episode. So sweet and Otani is hawt. I don't often think that about anime characters but Otani is definitely hawt and when he's not he makes up for it by being adorable ^_^

Lol for some reason he was also really believable since he was arrogant and obsessed with being cool and stuff like a lot of guys his age is. Bless And he's short

01.18.2008, 12:31 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
Way to set thing straight Roar. Good call.

Currently watching Zero no Tsukaima. So far it seems like it is harry potter done in anime, but harry potter sucked, so hopefully this will be better.

OK. Well, first off, I'd just like to disagree with your statement that Harry Potter sucked. I think HP is a work of genius. Just my two cents.

If that anime is like Harry Potter in anime form then I definitely want to watch it.

My Anime List

01.18.2008, 02:57 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I FINISHED LOVE COMPLEX I FINISHED LOVE COMPLEX! **Falls off seat in excitement**

Ayeee im so happy And yes the ending was a little bit weak but i think it was pleasant enough and i got that warm fuzzy feeling like your supposed too so what does it matter if it wasnt dramatic? Or exciting? It was cute Even though i wish Otani would stop replying to 'I love you' with 'Me too'. How UN-ROMANTIC!

Plus that cute little kitchen guy who was in love with her was adorable, they should have brought him in earlier!

Still Happy!

01.18.2008, 03:18 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh if it's got a happy cute ending I will definitely have to watch it. I like cute endings

01.18.2008, 04:33 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Hmm it is cute, sweet. Not exactly tense-y amazing good, BUT still good. Im wondering if they might make a second series? I'd totally watch it.

OH BTW

I'm meaning to watch Black Cat, thats an anime right? Or is it just a manga?

Well anyway does anyone know if its any good?

01.18.2008, 04:41 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep Black Cat is an anime. I watched it a while back but I didn't like it that much...maybe cuz the manga is just loads better. But I dunno, give a try, it's not too bad.

01.18.2008, 06:42 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Mmm so far its alright I'll stick with it for now at least

01.18.2008, 06:43 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks