QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

going down the comedy alphabetical list, I thought I'd try "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" On ep 6 now. based around a friendship club...

07.04.2015, 11:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm... I tried watching that and stuck it out for 4 or 5 episodes but it didn't work for me.

@ NC - thanks for your thoughts. I'm half-a-dozen eps into Tempest but will watch Ride at the same time I think after what you said.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.04.2015, 12:10 PM.

07.04.2015, 12:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finished Hibike! Euphonium and the second season of Nisekoi. I recommend the former to everyone and it's definitely the most I've enjoyed a KyoAni series in a long time. The latter won't convince anybody who didn't enjoy the first season.

I also started Gatchaman Crowds Insight. The first episode is very much like the first season was, throwing out all kinds of seemingly unconnected information and generally being a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

07.04.2015, 07:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saddles, I have to agree with you on the "Boku wa Tomodachi..." series... I stuck it out to the end, tho...

I am watching "Ao Haru Ride" now... up to ep 10... It reminds me somewhat of the "Kiss Me/Kill Me" anime... I like it so far...

Well, now we'll see if the individual counter goes up to 10,000!
---------------------

edit:
Yep, it did...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.05.2015, 11:39 AM.

07.05.2015, 11:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SAO Season 2, Plastic Memories and Food Wars.

07.06.2015, 09:59 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At the recommendation of a friend I started watching Aoharu x Kikanjuu; the series just started airing. The first episode was quite cute and quite funny. I don't love it yet, but I like it.

My Anime List

07.06.2015, 12:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What's it about ?

07.06.2015, 01:15 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm... our main characters are a crossdressing highschool girl, Hotaru Tachibana, and a man who works at a host club, Masamune Matsuoka. After Hotaru wrongly accuses Masamune of conning her friend of out money, he challenges her to a game, which she narrowly loses. As a forfeit, he demands that she join his survival game team (it seems something like paintball). He still has no idea that Hotaru is a girl.

It seems like it's going to be quite fun.

My Anime List

07.06.2015, 02:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

One more ep of "Hibiki! Euphonium..." like it so far...

07.06.2015, 08:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Tried watching "Best School Council" but couldn't get into it.

Discovered "Binbou-Shimai-Monogatari" and liking it...

07.07.2015, 06:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Has anyone seen Non Non Biyori, I am on ep 3 so far it's pretty good

07.08.2015, 06:05 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Blood Lad"... and there was a mention of 'Hayao Miyazaki' and a 'girl that fell from the sky' as well...

07.09.2015, 01:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We have a thread somewhere that's about Ghibli references in other anime. You should pinpoint the episode and list it there.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.09.2015, 03:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I'll see what I can do...

07.09.2015, 04:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

"Bokura-wa-Minna-Kawaisou"... another comedy, slice-of-life series that I enjoyed...

07.13.2015, 01:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Rewatching Haruhi again, all of it. Can't ever get too much of this fantastic series. My new SO is watching it with me and enjoying it as well.

07.13.2015, 03:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I watched the "Boys Be" series and liked it...

Now I'm watching "Brigadoon", On ep 7 of 26... Art work is not the best, but I am somewhat enjoying it...

07.15.2015, 03:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Haruhi! My stepdad enjoys it as well, and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is one of my favorite films in general. I have a homemade brigade leader armband, as well.

07.15.2015, 09:27 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wouldn't mind rewatching it some time myself. I'm about halfway through reading the first book and it's fun seeing the same scenes again in a different format. Maybe I'll watch it again when I'm done with this.

07.15.2015, 11:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haruhi Anime Club, anyone?

07.15.2015, 12:00 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks