QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Returning to this thread now after watching that and Tsukimonogatari as well, I know what you mean by "very weird and scary". I've looked at the timeline for the books and I think when the gap before that arc is filled, that appearance will be explained. So weird though.

On that note, I caught up on it all just in time to watch the first episode of Owarimonogatari yesterday. It was twice the normal length and very dialogue-heavy - so pretty much what I've come to expect. I'm pretty excited about this series because it seems like it'll clear up a lot of mysteries.

10.04.2015, 11:24 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm pleased they have persevered with this series of books over several years. I think its different enough from the run-of-the-mill anime we see so much of and therefore good reason to make the books into anime. It has a style all of its own, unique, clever and enthralling with complex and humorous characters.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.04.2015, 04:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. Lovely series. A sweet, well-paced romantic story, likeable characters, nice animation... best soundtrack I've heard in some time. I give it an 8/10. I don't think it broke any new ground, but it was very satisfying, fun to watch; I got invested in the characters and their relationships. Very nice. ^^

Haha, I even set a screenshot of Spoiler!, highlight to read.

Zen and Shirayuki's kiss
as my iPad wallpaper.

I'm not sure what I'll start next. I've got heaps of possibilities in mind. Rokka no Yuusha is tempting me though.

Edit: Started Rokka no Yuusha. It's not bad so far. The character designs are pretty. The characters themselves... not the most interesting so far, but I'll keep watching.

Edit 2: Kept watching. It's good! I'm up to episode 10 now. For the first time in... years? I'll be watching a whole series in one day.

Edit 3: Finished it. Mm, it was enjoyable. What do I give it... a 7/10? That seems about right.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 10.08.2015, 07:30 PM.

10.07.2015, 06:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm debating with myself on whether or not to add the Monogatari series to my To Watch list. Is it any good? Sugar Sweet Nightmare has been stuck in my head for the past week.

10.08.2015, 09:59 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I keep hearing that's it is, very much so. I watched a bit of Bakemonogatari a long while back, and it was good. Very original. So even though I haven't seen much, I'd say it's probably worth trying.

I just (re)started Noragami. Watched the first episode a while back, liked it but never got around to continuing. Just watched it again and continued to episode 2. I'm liking this, it too feels original and the characters are fun. I like the atmosphere.

Edit: Yeah, this is great.

Edit 2: Finished Noragami. I really enjoyed it, I just wish it were twice as long.

Now, I've just started Shiki. The anime binge continues.

Edit and the Prisoner of Azkaban: I finished Shiki. Creepy. Gory. Weird, weird art style. I'm not sure what to make of it right now, but it wasn't bad.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 10.10.2015, 10:18 PM.

10.08.2015, 10:33 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaz, there's a new season of Noragami that's just started! So it will be twice as long.

I've been watching that and the new Lupin III. I think I'll also check out Subete ga F ni naru, which sounds like it'll be a good mystery show. Outside of this season's shows, I'm catching up on DRRR!!

Flare - just saw your post now, but I definitely recommend getting into it! It's not for everyone, but it has a lot of good comedy and a unique style. The story seems fairly episodic at first, but it gradually unfolds across the series' many instalments and becomes very absorbing.

10.11.2015, 11:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My friend just mentioned that about Noragami too. : D That's great, I'll definitely be watching. I'll probably wait until it's finished airing if it's on currently. The way I'm devouring series' right now, waiting would be annoying.

Just started Natsume Yuujinchou.

My Anime List

10.11.2015, 07:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just started to re-watch the 90s anime of Sailor Moon, with the new dub so it has the original script/no censoring/etc.

10.12.2015, 12:09 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I finished Natsume Yuujinchou. That was a nice series. It was very gentle. There was no overarching plot particularly; the story I suppose was simply the development of the protagonist, Natsume; the gradual changing of his views and feelings as he met different people. And that worked just fine.

It was somewhat similar to Mushishi but lighter in tone. Simpler.

I believe there are... three more seasons. I might move on to them or I might check out something new first, I haven't decided yet.

My Anime List

10.17.2015, 06:41 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Another series I've started watching is Osomatsu-san. It's an update of Osomatsu-kun, a comedy manga/anime from the 60s and 80s, but not knowing the original source material hasn't been a problem. Actually it's hilarious so far, with varied humour. The first episode is an extended parody of the recent wave of bishounen-centred shows, the second is more about the characters, and then the third is a collection of strange segments along the lines of Nichijou. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes next!

10.21.2015, 11:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My moods and ability to keep up interest in a series has been patchy recently so I have several series on the go that I have let slide for weeks or months.

I finally finished Ao Haru Ride yesterday and liked it very much. Its a high school romance so you know what to expect but it doesn't go down a formulaic route and ends up more slice of life. I liked it and the characters are all likeable, if somewhat mature for people who are supposed to be 16-ish.

I have Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 3/4 finished but have left a huge gap in watching it. I must get back into it. People rave about this one for the emotional roller coaster ride ending so I shall try my best to finish it. Its good if somewhat fantasy-like in that the story isn't about average people but musical child prodigies; that fact makes it hard to suspend disbelief.

I have Zetsuen no Tempest, Shinsekai Yori, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko all part way through. If anyone has watched any of these I'd appreciate your comments in case any are not worth persevering with!

Ta.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.25.2015, 05:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OOOHHH tell me what you think of Shin Sekai Yori, as I'm considering watching it soon.

I still have to finish the last bit of Psycho-Pass, the second season of Black Lagoon plus its OVA's, and then I have to finish Shirobako AND Kara no Kyoukai. Urgh, so much to watch!

10.27.2015, 08:30 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Re-watching "Fruits Basket" Always enjoyable...

10.29.2015, 01:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Flare - I had a go at Kara no Kyoukai years ago. I think I've watched 2 or 3 episodes, but it was a bit too weird for me. I also recall the episodes are not in chronological order. Perhaps I should give it a second try.

EDIT: Just looked around for info on it and apparently it was set in a parallel universe to that of Shingetsutan Tsukihime and is considered the precursor/inspiration for the story of Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Tsukihime Lunar Legend).

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.29.2015, 05:00 PM.

10.29.2015, 04:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

The problem is I started watching it a month ago, and it's a very dialogue heavy anime, which means I'm probably gonna need to start all over.

Also, don't watch it at night. I fell asleep during movies 2 and 5.

EDIT: I also just started Ghost Stories. One of the funniest things I've ever seen, but stay away if you don't like dubs or are extremely religious, a certain character might offend you.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 10.29.2015, 05:55 PM.

10.29.2015, 05:52 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think that was what it was about Kara - just so slooooow.

It reminded me of Texynoylze (can't recall exact spelling), deep on meaning, light on story progression.

10.30.2015, 05:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I'd definitely agree with how slow it is, Saddles. And it isn't like Steins;Gate where there's other stuff to distract from the slowness. I think I'll save Kara for a time when I have less stuff to watch.

Oh, forgot to mention, also started Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Funny, if incredibly crude.

10.30.2015, 07:59 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching Log Season 2, not sure if this season is as good so far. I keep getting into it then having to go work or something. Need to marathon it

11.02.2015, 07:20 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Almost completed rewatching (for the 3rd time) Bakemonogatari 2nd Season. I'm at the awesome final story arc involving Hitagi, Kaiki and !InsaneGod Nadeko. This is just so... so terrific. So GOOD. Such amazing artwork. I'm always stunned by how cool, clever and stylish this series is. The people at Shaft deserve some kind of award for this.

And just begun Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Just for light entertainment. The male lead reminds me a lot of Takasu Ryūji from Toradora. He's even drawn almost the same. Its fun stuff, nothing demanding. Very cute.

11.02.2015, 08:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Finished Panty and Stocking! Now, to wrap up Psycho-Pass...

11.02.2015, 08:39 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks