QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General What are you currently watching? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone planning on watching anything coming soon?
https://randomc.net/2018/12/26/winter-2019-preview/

It looks like this season will be a bit weak, honestly... I'll watch Mob Psycho 100, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I'll bother with.

12.31.2018, 12:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started watching "Nana Uncut" today, but I haven't made up my mind yet about it...

I watched a few episodes of "Noien", but just wasn't keeping any interest in it...

12.31.2018, 03:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started watching two currently airing series with my friend: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari and Dororo.

Very much invested in Dororo.

My Anime List

02.08.2019, 12:31 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rewatching kimi ni todoke. The overbearing sweetness is actually really nice the second time around.

03.07.2019, 11:13 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

neverland is good

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

03.07.2019, 06:15 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

...in fact, it is so good that peta recommended it on twitter but maybe do not click before you saw at least 1 episode (minor spoilers).

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

03.08.2019, 04:24 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dororo is so good.

The drama's really been building these last couples of episodes, I can't wait for next week!

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari is... meh. I'm not loving it. I'd probably have dropped it by now, but I'm watching with a friend.

quote:
Originally posted by makc
neverland is good

I've been hearing good things about it, might give it a go.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.21.2019, 02:45 PM.

03.21.2019, 02:42 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched a very small part of an anime titles, "Sausage Party"... Ejected it with less than one episode played... Did not care for it...

Put "To Love Ru..." in and watched it...

03.22.2019, 02:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

as it often is with the anime, neverland only seems good until you check out manga. then you realize how lazy and sloppy it is (for example: reusing the animation from previous episodes where the flashback is supposed to reveal more information)

btw, sausage party? it is okay comedy, but how is it anime (wait, are you implying neverland is sausage party well, they do not bang in the end, so there is no "party" part)

Post last edited by makc on 03.22.2019, 02:12 AM.

03.22.2019, 02:09 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well, that's just like reading the book after the film, isn't it? Then you see everything that was lost.

I started watching Hyouka today. I'm on episode 3 and it's reasonably interesting so far.

My Anime List

03.22.2019, 03:40 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

You are right, Sausage Party is NOT anime... just a cartoon...

03.22.2019, 05:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

I think I might give this a try:

It's half-anime, 4C is involved.

In another news, tried a couple episodes of love, death and robots from nflix, mixed impressions so far.

03.26.2019, 09:21 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I started watching Banana Fish yesterday and now I'm on episode 18... Whoops? >.>;

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.30.2019, 05:33 PM.

03.30.2019, 05:33 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Eiji was useless. That is all I have to say about 🍌🐟

p.s.

03.31.2019, 03:48 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching the "Ah, My Buddha" series...

04.01.2019, 04:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finished the second season of Mob Psycho 100 today. I highly recommend it!

04.07.2019, 01:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I've seen this before but I am rewatching "Gakuen Alice"...

04.27.2019, 01:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

This season I will be watching Sarazanmai, but I haven't started yet. It seems weird as hell.

04.28.2019, 08:22 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Currently watching "The Witches Academia" Not the best, but it more and more is holding my interest. I'm on the 2nd season at this point.

I went back thru the postings to see where I got the name for this one, but didn't find it, so it must have been from someone that I ran into somewhere.

BUT, While searching I found, and I don't know how I could have missed it, a little video posted by Saddles last year titled "Out of Sight". I didn't catch on at first but gradually picked up on what was happening and I loved it. Touching...

Thanks, Saddles...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.02.2019, 05:14 AM.

05.02.2019, 05:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Dang it!!! I happened to watch the first episode of "Violet Everguard" and can't stop watching it and it's almost 5:30am... It is Good... Sad, but Good...

05.13.2019, 08:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks