QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What Movie(s) did you watch today? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night I rewatched A Stranger of Mine (運命じゃない人). I first saw it several years ago, so I was glad that I still found it funny this time.

11.17.2018, 07:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched "Ralph Wrecks the Internet" last night and "The Sorceror's Apprentice" with Nicolas Cage...

12.01.2018, 02:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Hereditary yesterday. I didn't know much about it going in, other than that it was a horror movie, but it was good. Very effective.

12.01.2018, 08:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My ex-wife loved horror films and novels, but I never developed a liking for them myself... I have seen a number of them like "It" and others, but they were never my favorite type of movie...

12.02.2018, 02:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Draco
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.15.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Draco Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I re-watched Appleseed. I've watched this several times and, even though I'm still uncertain about the plot, I love it. I also enjoyed the two sequels.

Post last edited by Draco on 12.16.2018, 02:50 PM.

12.16.2018, 02:50 PM Draco is offline   Profile for Draco Add Draco to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Today I watched Sweet Bean, after hearing about it from several different people. I can see why it got so much attention.

12.29.2018, 06:59 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

I was flying the other day, so I watched The Muppets and Inside Out. They were both pretty good. The Muppets had some good jokes and songs, and Inside Out was fun, even if I wish they'd been a bit more inventive with the concept.

01.06.2019, 06:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Saw "Moana" again... Liked it... Lots of color, Music and Action...

01.13.2019, 01:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I watched a weird sci-fi B-movie called Karate-Robo Zaborgar yesterday, for translation homework. It was very strange, but funny if you're into that sort of thing.

01.13.2019, 09:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Just watched two old B/W movies...

"Santa Fe Trail" (1940) with Errol Flynn and
"The Flying Deuces" (1939) with Laurel and Hardy...

01.27.2019, 03:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Sweet Bean" and at first I was surprised that it was an anime movie, but a live action one. I'm sure there were parts or feelings that I missed, but over all I thought that it was a very fine story. I was confused in parts of it towards the end on the relationship between Sentaro and Wakana.

I'll ask you more in PM,arren... I don't want to give anything away...

01.30.2019, 11:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Moana" and "Spirited Away".... in the last two days...

Some of Moana is very enjoyable, to me at least and a very few of the parts seem, idk just not up to the rest of the movie...

Spirited Away, is, as always, a Ghibli and enjoyable...

02.14.2019, 10:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Saw "Moana" again...

k yeah! moana is good.

thinking of getting the time to see alita, they say it's some dumb action, but who knows.

(btw, who ever did not see the boy and the beast anime, they should. I like it more than 1st kung fu panda)

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

02.19.2019, 06:09 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"...

"The Day the Earth Stood Still" 1951
Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal

Watched it last night...

Today I watched "Wall-E"

02.25.2019, 06:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"manbiki kazoku" was a bit boring, but overall quite good.

Spoiler!, highlight to read.

I think he named the kid by his own name to give a sort of second life to himself

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

02.25.2019, 07:45 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Saw the rather silly "Yellow Submarine" with the Beatles... Been a long time since I saw that one... I have a copy of "The Point" I think that is next... Obligo? Was that his name?

03.04.2019, 01:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Rather than "The Point", I watched that old karate classic "Billy Jack" starring Tom Laughlin (1971). I can't believe how corny that seems today. I still love the song that became popular from that movie, "One Tin Soldier", not just the lyrics, but the rhythm and sound of the ballad/song..

(music)
Listen children, to a story,
That was written long ago,
'bout a kingdom on a mountain
And the valley folk below.
On the mountain was a treasure,
Hidden deep beneath a stone
And the valley people swore,
They'd have it for their very own.

(chorus)
Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend,
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end,
There won't be any trumpets blowing,
Come the judgment day,
On the bloody morning after-r-r,
One Tin Soldier rides away.

(two more verses followed by the chorus again)

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.10.2019, 01:48 AM.

03.10.2019, 01:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Saw "Captain Marvel" at the theater today... A full house, young and old... except that a baby in the row behind me kept fussing and was taken out a couple of times... I didn't understand why he was there...

Watched an anime, "Home" when I got home... some good parts, some bad...

03.14.2019, 03:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

quote:
an anime, "Home"
google is totally helpless here. got a link? or japanese name?

btw, did you all watch Alita? it's like really good, the manga author went to see it 5 times (ok, that may be just a part of ad campaign, but then does he really need money that much). I did check an anime since then and live action movie is a magnitude better. noteworthy, since usually it is other way around with anime remakes.

Post last edited by makc on 03.16.2019, 11:48 AM.

03.16.2019, 11:44 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

All I can find it on is in Netflix... Like I said, it had good parts and bad parts, all I can really say about it. A cartoon alien ends up on earth, I think it was and is found out. His whole race ends up on earth and all the earthlings are moved to 'Earthland' whose former name was Australia...

I will have to check Alita out, I don't believe that I have heard of it...

03.17.2019, 02:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks