QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion only
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion only » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  81  82  83  84  85  86    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds fantastic... though one heck of a lot of work. Possibly too much.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.14.2010, 02:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's roughly 223 pages so far, 20 posts a page, making it only 4500 posts, excluding the fillers. If one HTML page consists of 100 posts, that's 45 pages to code. Or if we go by periods/days, then less. What, you think I was gonna make individual page for each post? I'm keeping the forum's flow, so it can serve as an archive as well. And the coding will be a lot simpler than you think. (If you know HTML, it has to do with [a name=#] tags)

But as to summary, I'm afraid that will take much more effort. Both Saddle and I have had a hand in it, and we both know how hard it is to sift through the posts.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.14.2010, 11:47 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The unanswered question now is still: Do I play Na-chan? I don't think Maho will be returning to play her.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.15.2010, 07:07 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's sad news

But I think you'd be able to do it! Just yaknow. Think crazy.

Or perhaps starting the next day something could've happened with her shadow? Something that might alter her fairly unstable personality. She does seem to swing from sex-crazy, to innocent, to depressed etc. I have faith in you Saddles!

08.15.2010, 09:26 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I've had no reply to my e-mails to Maho... and as some of you know she plays Na-chan. So, if she's gone I'm not sure what to do. I have access to the Natsuba login because in the early days I worked with Maho and she let me in to do some edits with the character to get some facts established so if she's not changed the password I could play the character though it won't be quite the same
Ah, is that what happened... So that explains that whole episode earlier.

Anyway, I for one think you're up to the task, if anyone is - at least until Maho decides to come back.

08.15.2010, 02:16 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with Mushka. Saddles can be the acting Na-chan player, and if Maho turns up and wants to continue, then she can take over again.

08.15.2010, 03:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I doubt any of the boys would be interested in her then though

I'll give it a go, need to read back over her posts.

I'll send another e-mail in a couple of weeks and see if anything's changed.

08.15.2010, 04:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Testing, testing.

08.15.2010, 04:54 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Na-chan doesn't go "testing, testing", she's more like "Um... test test? Hee!"

Juz sayin', ya know.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.16.2010, 09:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

*slaps Roarkiller with a dead fish*

08.16.2010, 10:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I should probably mention that tomorrow evening I'll be leaving for a holiday, and immediately following that I'm starting university. So I'll have no internet access for a week, and then an extremely busy week. But after that, I should be okay to post and stuff.

09.02.2010, 06:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks for letting us know. Have fun at university.

I am still struggling with the concept of writing from Na-chan's POV.

09.03.2010, 07:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm getting back into Aoi's, too, so my recent posts have probably seemed a bit terse.

It's okay if it's not perfect; we'll work out the bugs

09.04.2010, 03:34 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

April 2010 was the last post. Two years. Yet.. you know.. I still think about this silly game and how much fun we had. We talked a while ago about another RPG but nothing came of it. Perhaps the Old Crew are now flung too wide or if still here, too busy, but rather than create a new RPG I still feel there might be something in continuing Isakaya.

We would have to accept that several key characters are just no longer here and try to build on the original story using who is left from the cast.

To cover absences I think the best way is to assume a certain amount of time has passed... though perhaps not two years.

I did invest a good deal of time into building the background goings-on and history behind this game after Roarkiller came up with that wonderful basic idea of a second shadow.

Now, the thing is, if we assume about a year has passed, we can explain away why some characters have departed (families moved away from the area) and we can welcome new characters.

But the skip in time would allow me to develope the core idea of what the Shadows are. Mushka's character and Arren's character are the two remaining Shadow hosts and I can cover what has happened in the intervening year.

I think the game could also benefit from being taken out of the school and becoming more of an adventure, with the main characters going to other plaaces in pursuit of answers to the puzzle. I'll have to dig my old notes out and re-read them but I think we could carry on with all the students now being a year older.

Input please.

05.05.2012, 12:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm definitely up for it. Can't believe it's been two whole years.

I think the time jump is a good idea, as you say, it provides a good explanation from some of the holes in the cast.

If it were two years... hm, how old would that make the characters...? I've forgotten.

Taking things out of school, yes, that's good too. We had a few ventures out last time, to the sleepover and such, and that worked well.

My Anime List

05.05.2012, 01:03 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Maybe leak some info on what you were planning to do then?

On a serious note, who exactly do we have that are still around? I know fen and mushka are, you and me, but the others like arren, theowne and NC aren't.

And yeah, Maho. God bless her married life, but she's the center of the storyline though. Maybe FFF can play her, seeing as her personality's kinda similar, lol.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.05.2012, 10:46 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Quite a few people - you, me, Arren, Mushka, Fen, NC is still here very much so... Kaz. Many others can be referred to as NPCs, for example if a year has gone by Mai and Youchi might have had a loving relationship, taken it to whatever stage Fen would be cooking up as a background story and the Yoichi changed schools to pursue his music. Something like that. He would still be referred to in conversaations and would be a real presence for the Mai character.

A passing year would allow new students (players) to join as well.

I'd have to summarise what was found out at the home of that slightly loopy girl where the shadow presence had turned bad. Need to check my notes on that.

Na-chan was taken out of school by her psychotic mother, sadly, though I suppose we could have her on the edges as an NPC, she could turn up slightly creepily in the city somewhere, or be further away and write letters to on eof the main characters (I can't see her using a computer and e-mail).

Maho and Hikari fell in love and eloped! That was an awesome relationship but it wasn't anything to do with the Shadows.

Think of our first run of the game as the first TV series. Now time has passed, we've moved away from a mostly-school setting and its Series 2

Of course everyone was also close to finding out the truth of that painting too; we could cover that in detail or flashback and that would be the catalyst to getting the gang out of school and into investigating things beyond in a wider Tokyo context; something that would head off into something feeling more like Steins; Gate than Kare Kano meets Haruhi Suzumiya.

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
If it were two years... hm, how old would that make the characters...? I've forgotten.
Mai had her 16th birthday in-game so two years on everyone would be 17/18.

It could be less than a 2-year time skip though, maybe just a year, so everyone's a 16 YO second year in school.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.06.2012, 09:01 AM.

05.06.2012, 08:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, count me still very much in! I think it sounds like a good idea It'd be a nice opportunity to draw in new characters and pull in some of the outsider characters from last time. Chi, for example, was pretty uninvolved in the main plot which made things somewhat awkward. But yeah, I think it'd be fun.

05.07.2012, 07:44 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Chi was getting close to Hibiki wasn't she? That would be a definite pull-in if those two got closer.

05.07.2012, 08:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Ah, but what happened in the time gap? Where we left off the two were getting closer, but it'd be interesting to decide where that went exactly.

If they're not at school anymore are they all out in the working world/university?

05.07.2012, 10:58 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  81  82  83  84  85  86    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks