QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What book(s) are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What book(s) are you reading right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Last Stand at Papago Wells" by Louis L;Amour

10.09.2012, 05:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Philip Pullman - The Butterfly Tattoo.

10.10.2012, 12:41 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Scorpio Races
Maggie Stiefvater

10.22.2012, 02:38 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
shadedpain4
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.15.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shadedpain4 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just started "The Four Pillars of Investing" by William Bernstein

10.22.2012, 03:04 PM shadedpain4 is offline   Profile for shadedpain4 Add shadedpain4 to your buddy list
SunshineandLollipops
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.27.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SunshineandLollipops Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Philip Pullman, and moving on to A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin

10.27.2012, 07:38 PM SunshineandLollipops is offline   Profile for SunshineandLollipops Add SunshineandLollipops to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Riding for the Brand" by Louis L'Amour...

Welcome to the Tavern, Sunshineandlollipops...

Hope you wll have an enjoyable time here with the rest of us nu.., uh... good people. Except for that Roarkiller, he's dangerous...

hahahah

again, welcome...

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.28.2012, 01:20 PM.

10.28.2012, 01:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

"Judgment Call" by J.A. Jance...

11.05.2012, 04:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
MasatoToys
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.03.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MasatoToys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

11.05.2012, 02:46 PM MasatoToys is offline   Profile for MasatoToys Add MasatoToys to your buddy list Homepage of MasatoToys
husky51
The Old Guy

"Fool Me Twice" by Robert B. Parker

11.06.2012, 09:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The spiderwick chronicles, Well i finished them the other day anyway.. about time i got the last two books as i started collecting about three to four years ago! Lmao

11.09.2012, 09:01 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Julie/Julia Project

11.10.2012, 07:41 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lullaby] by Chuck Palahniuk.

Good book.

11.12.2012, 08:05 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pieces of Me by Charlotte Gingras, translated by Susan Ouriou
The Lost World by Michael Crichton
Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind

02.07.2013, 01:59 PM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Now reading "Casual Vacancy" by J. K. Rowling, the 'Harry Potter' author...

I must say, from the very first pages, this is NOT a 'Potter' style book... Extreme vulgarity and teen sex descriptions. Minimal, to be sure, but I don't understand the reason for such blatant descriptions and cursing unless it is a form of disassociation from her earlier works...

I am only on page 89, but I am hoping that the story will get better further on...

02.07.2013, 08:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Extreme vulgarity and teen sex descriptions. Minimal, to be sure, but I don't understand the reason for such blatant descriptions and cursing unless it is a form of disassociation from her earlier works...

Umm . . . realism, perhaps?

02.08.2013, 03:53 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

ummm, all I can say is that I can't say the words or describe the actions in here...

To me it is like adding excessive fanservice to a manga...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.09.2013, 06:07 AM.

02.08.2013, 03:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

currently reading "Kim" by Rudyard Kipling... It has been a lot of years since I'e read this one...
=========================

It was in the 'free, take one' rack at the library and I had heard about it a while back, so I thought, what the heck...

are you ready?

"Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants"

My mind is permanently damaged!!! Not that it wasn't before, but this About like listening to the original "Devo" track over and over and over and ... well, you get my drift... If you haven't read any of the Captain Underpants volumes, I caution you...

DON'T!!!

Definitely geared towards the adolescent, pottymouth, mind...

(shudders)

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.10.2013, 01:37 PM.

11.10.2013, 01:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, I actually have fond memories of Captain Underpants. Don't take it so seriously - it's just some silly gross-out comedy for kids.

11.11.2013, 05:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember it was in the school library when I was in primary school, but I never read it.

My Anime List

11.11.2013, 07:48 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha.. While not my cup of tea, the above critique was intended as humor... lol

11.11.2013, 11:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks