QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...    »  ]
magicant
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by magicant Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm... A random topic. This is my kind of forum!

My current random thought, as a writer, is the concept of something's effect on society, contrasted to said something's effect on the self. Something similar to the character Alex's "fun" in A Clockwork Orange; how he sees gang-beating and burglary as a good time while society and the media sees it as an atrocity. I find it a fascinating topic for a novel or essay.

A random thought as a person is that I think I'm going to like it here. The people seem friendly, or so I've seen from lurking for a few years now, hahaha.

10.24.2012, 11:03 PM magicant is offline   Profile for magicant Add magicant to your buddy list
SunshineandLollipops
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.27.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SunshineandLollipops Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did you know that there is technically no such thing as a fish. It is not a classification used by biologists, since there is nothing to connect all the animals we call fish, or to separate them from other animals.

The longest place name in the world is the capital of Thailand, commonly abbreiviated to Grung Tape (this is roughly how it is prounounced). Written in full it looks like (deep breath)
Krungthep Mahanakhon Amorn Rattanakosin Mahintara Yudthaya Mahadilok Pohp Noparat Rajathanee Bureerom Udomrajniwes Mahasatarn Amorn Pimarn Avaltarnsatit Sakatattiya Visanukram Prasit. My humblest appologies to the Thai people if there are any spelling mistakes
This means in English (or thereabouts) Great City of Angels, the supreme repository of divine jewels, the great land unconquerable, the grand and prominent realm, the royal and delightful capital city full of nine noble gems, the highest royal dwelling and grand palace, the divine shelter and living place of the reincarnated spirits.
You can see why they shorten it

Don't really have any random thoughts at the moment, since my brain is just reppeating "Go to bed Sunshine, it's rediculously late!". Never mind

10.27.2012, 08:05 PM SunshineandLollipops is offline   Profile for SunshineandLollipops Add SunshineandLollipops to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Stalking all y'alls facebooks again. I apologize to Kaz for my picture spams of everything.

At least I'm not like one of my friends who uploads photos of cats.. all the time... CATS.

11.16.2012, 03:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thinking a lot about Kaz these days. Sent him a PM ages ago - no answer. He's not been on the Tavern for a few weeks and his last posts sounded very stressed.

I really really hope he's okay.

Lots of people here rooting for you Kaz, and I'm sure others have you in their thoughts. I hope things are going okay... if they're not, there's people here who I'm certain could offer an ear or advice.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.03.2012, 03:49 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is for sure, kaz, everything that Saddles has said applies to me as well, we are all rooting for you, guy...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.03.2012, 07:32 PM.

12.03.2012, 07:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Thinking a lot about Kaz these days. Sent him a PM ages ago - no answer. He's not been on the Tavern for a few weeks and his last posts sounded very stressed.

I really really hope he's okay.

Lots of people here rooting for you Kaz, and I'm sure others have you in their thoughts. I hope things are going okay... if they're not, there's people here who I'm certain could offer an ear or advice.

^^ This.

I'm more of a Tavern stalker than a poster lately, but I still take a big interest in you guys here. Hope Kaz is okay!

12.04.2012, 09:02 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*similarly lurks and hopes Kaz is well*

12.04.2012, 12:10 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is the problem of overly securing personal info.

You could call now.If you had the number.

i hope he is fine

do anybody know is the thing he is doing is over i mean he was taking medication therapies but is the physical treatment done.

@Saddle
If you are in the facebook group then you can find if he is there .i think he is and probably there may be a way to communicate with him. maybe phone number or a close friends contact. Good luck.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.04.2012, 12:37 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@saviour:

I think you meant "overtly" getting phone numbers...

I think that the reason for not doing so is that there is such a lack of security on the internet that most of us feel better keeping such things offline. It is not that I distrust the other members, it is just a common thing to do.

And if someone is offline for a period of time, it may be because they don't want to be bothered at that moment. We can worry about them, as I have in the past, but if they want to be alone, they want to be alone and that is there choice.

Like everybody else, I hope that Kaz is OK...

12.04.2012, 02:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think he's been on Facebook lately like he used to, but if he is, I'll give him a message.

12.08.2012, 06:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thinking of Kaz and learning about some of the difficulties he is going thru in his life. I'm right this minute watching a National Geographic show about transgenders... It's following the lives of a male and a female who were transgenders and later married...thern goes on to a 'hybrid' part male and part female. Then they went to a man who used to be a womans Olympic pole vaulter in Germany

In their twenties going towards self-destruction, cutting, not wanting to hurt the people who raised them, i'm quoting from the show at the moment. It reminded me that Kaz had said that he had done cutting on himself. How hard it is going through 'transitioning', the pain of comments and pressures of going thru this cycle... How they went thru the hormone treatments and actually went thru the sex change operations together as a married couple. It made it easier for them.

A big problem was the expense of the operation and the treatments. It gives me a greater respect for the people who go thru this. I truly hope that Kaz is ok...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.11.2012, 05:56 AM.

12.11.2012, 05:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I had a friend go through the same, except she was a half/half. I meant her around the time everything started. Honestly, she was happy, but she lived in a place where she became hated by everyone for what she wanted to do for her happiness. She'd lived her life raised as a guy, and realized in her teens that she just didn't want that. She had abusive lovers, and that only made matters worse. But she became involved with support groups and now works to help those going through the same out.

Now she's happy, possibly getting married, and lives in a place where she is finally accepted. It's miraculous how those shadows of the past can lead to such happiness at a later point.

12.11.2012, 11:03 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I joined the Facebook group but haven't looked at it much to be honest, Blame my insane train enthusiast mates lol. *edit* If i do post on the group, My fb name is Willow.

As for random thoughts, Is it just me or does fan made music seem more appealing than music made for a large scale profit?
I feel i can connect to the creators and relate to them more because of it.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 12.11.2012, 01:02 PM.

12.11.2012, 12:31 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Maybe because fan made music is generally made IMO for "feel-good" reasons rather than profit margins...

12.11.2012, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That could be it, I definitively enjoy it more than music purely made for money purposes.

12.11.2012, 01:10 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I haven't joined the group yet. :B Although, I don't know what you guys would think if you saw my Facebook page anyhow. XD Right now, it's mostly music, randomness and photos of my friends.

Still sad since my Japanese friend left before we could really get to know one another. But she left such a cute letter.. I know when my Chinese friends leave, I'm just going to become a mess. >.<

Hoping my guy friend will help me write a letter to my best friend in Chinese. Not sure if it would go well.. haha some of them have trouble translating English to Chinese (they speak Mandarin). He has trouble translating Chinese to English, I've noticed that.. but it was cool when he talked about his name. I asked him what his name meant.

I can see clearly his family wanted him to bring wealth. XD His entire name means gold. He had a third part of his name, but his grandmother had it removed for superstitious reasons. He didn't tell me how to say it romanized though, he only showed me the characters.

EDIT: Hmm, it would appear I've been blocked and unfriended by a couple university friends on facebook.. I don't know what's up, and since they left campus already, I'll have to get someone else to find out.. :/

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.12.2012, 09:55 PM.

12.11.2012, 01:28 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I decided to change my sig picture since it's been a while. I picked art from Revolutionary Girl Utena, which I've really been enjoying lately. I keep thinking I should change my avatar too, as the RP was a long time ago and is very unlikely to resume...

12.16.2012, 08:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hopexx5
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I decided to change my sig picture since it's been a while.

It looks nice, I like it.

12.16.2012, 12:26 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Those of us who still have avatars of our RP characters though are special! Its like an institution.... in a good way.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.17.2012, 08:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I suppose that's a good point. It's probably a bit confusing for new people, but it is nice to have a reminder of how long we've been here and the fun things we've done.

12.17.2012, 11:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks