QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  ...    »  ]
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by thanossapiens
Oh, I'm an IT student too.
It's a good field but it's not for everyone. You definitely have to like it because it can get really difficult.
Really good prospects for those who stick with it though.

It is for said prospects that I ended up choosing it as a career. I constantly question that decision, to be honest. It's not what I truly wanted at the end of high school, but it was the only course available in my city I thought I could do well that wouldn't make me poor in the future...or so I was told. Buuuut I'm learning a ton and I like my colleagues and professors, so it's been a good experience.

03.13.2018, 10:50 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
thanossapiens
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thanossapiens Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by belborges
It is for said prospects that I ended up choosing it as a career. I constantly question that decision, to be honest. It's not what I truly wanted at the end of high school, but it was the only course available in my city I thought I could do well that wouldn't make me poor in the future...or so I was told. Buuuut I'm learning a ton and I like my colleagues and professors, so it's been a good experience.

I can't say I like it a lot either, but I think I can become decent in coding.
It has so demand that I could even migrate to somewhere else and make 10x of what I would make with a different job here, so if I didn't choose this I would always have regrets.

03.14.2018, 08:41 AM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just some more insight on the subject of interesting jobs:

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

03.19.2018, 02:12 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
thanossapiens
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thanossapiens Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
just some more insight on the subject of interesting jobs:

Yeah, I too think people who genuinely like their jobs are extremely few.
Many can like the subject but the pressure and the fact that is a job now and not a hobby makes it not so enjoyable.
Miyazaki probably enjoys working on his projects now, but he basically can choose on what to work on and take his time.

03.19.2018, 04:40 PM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the only reason russia did what it did in UK with the agent was because of Brexit. my 2 cents ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.27.2018, 11:55 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
the only reason russia did what it did in UK with the agent was because of Brexit. my 2 cents ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It does seem like a factor. Some have suggested it was to test the strength of the relationship between Britain and the rest of Europe now that the UK's elected to leave the union. The relationship is evidently still strong. Saying that, it's not as if this kind of thing hasn't happened before; there was the whole business with Alexander Litvinenko a while back.

My Anime List

03.27.2018, 03:31 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
night_bird
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.03.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by night_bird Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think about what to cook for dinner. As a result, as always, I'm just eating chocolate, because I'm too lazy to cook)

04.07.2018, 01:36 PM night_bird is offline   Profile for night_bird Add night_bird to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

David Icke, is an interesting character. Such a absurd point of view but quite believable, apart from the lizard people and other totally bullshit things. I don't know why but New World Order thing seems quite reasonable, although mostly it has been depicted in fiction and science fiction. There definitely are huge benefits to some people if this happens. And i dont feel that they wont try if they have the means. Lets hope we never face WWIII. People in the west have a lot of things to consider, and with the recent rise of populist govt. there is a high chance that they will try to jump to conclusion too early. I personally would not mind a world like EU. But would not like WWIII to make that happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 04.14.2018, 01:33 PM.

04.14.2018, 01:07 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

David Icke's ideas are... entertaining, for sure. But I'd say that about a lot of conspiracy theorists. I often wonder if the people with the craziest ideas are genuine though, or if they're just playing a role.

04.14.2018, 07:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Conspiracy theorists are, for the most part, simply ignorant. Educating themselves with the facts would end 99% of all conspiracies.

Crazy rubbish such as Flat Earth, 911 Truth, NASA faking the moon landings and the seriously dangerous anti-vaccine craze are mostly people with empty lives who are simply bored and want the world around them to be more interesting than it is. The flat-earth-anti-space travel tribe may also think these things because of their religious beliefs. I have encountered some desperately clouded minds in the discussions beneath certain YT videos.

The flag-wavers and leaders of these theories also probably know their ideas are tripe but they can make a very good living off them via books, videos and lectures. Deepak Chopra is a good example of this sort of person.

The answer is to educate yourself from reliable sources and broaden your horizon of experience.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.15.2018, 05:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Conspiracy theorists are, for the most part, simply ignorant. Educating themselves with the facts would end 99% of all conspiracies.

Crazy rubbish such as Flat Earth, 911 Truth, NASA faking the moon landings and the seriously dangerous anti-vaccine craze are mostly people with empty lives who are simply bored and want the world around them to be more interesting than it is. The flat-earth-anti-space travel tribe may also think these things because of their religious beliefs. I have encountered some desperately clouded minds in the discussions beneath certain YT videos.

The flag-wavers and leaders of these theories also probably know their ideas are tripe but they can make a very good living off them via books, videos and lectures. Deepak Chopra is a good example of this sort of person.

The answer is to educate yourself from reliable sources and broaden your horizon of experience.

while i agree with you, but in case of most political conspiracy theorist the ideas are put together in a way that seems reasonable enough given all the shadow characters and organizations working in our world. Are they true? i dont know, neither there is enough evidence that proves they are false

04.15.2018, 09:54 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
thanossapiens
Kodama

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
David Icke's ideas are... entertaining, for sure. But I'd say that about a lot of conspiracy theorists. I often wonder if the people with the craziest ideas are genuine though, or if they're just playing a role.

Didn't Alex Jone's lawyers claim that he is playing a persona?
Well, he is certainly entertaining enough..

04.15.2018, 10:41 AM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

on the same note you guys can watch this video which portrays the idea of deep state similar to that of the conspiracy theorist but it is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6b8NNwf604

04.15.2018, 11:06 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by thanossapiens
quote:
Originally posted by arren18

Didn't Alex Jone's lawyers claim that he is playing a persona?
Well, he is certainly entertaining enough..

I've heard that but I forget where. I can definitely believe it.

04.16.2018, 04:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

yeah very good trump do what your Israeli overlord says, now the thing that is left to do is start a war Iran using American people's money and make israel greatest country in earth. Great just great.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44045957

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44057306

quote:
"It doesn't help if I start saying I'm very pro-Israel," Mr Trump said in a Republican candidate debate in February 2016, when he was sharply criticised by Senators Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio for his professed neutrality in Arab-Israeli negotiations

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43902372

barack obama's post on it

https://www.facebook.com/barackobama/posts/10155854913976749

yeah i am pissed

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 05.09.2018, 01:33 PM.

05.09.2018, 11:05 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So, guys, what do you think of Russia?

05.09.2018, 02:27 PM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Hey I am a newbiePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(removed)

05.10.2018, 06:07 AM  
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We don't allow advertising of services on here. If you're into anime and Ghibli in particular, fine, or if you just want to hang out and chill, also fine, but please don't fish for business.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.10.2018, 06:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wonder why books are better than movie or vice versa.

05.15.2018, 03:34 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like both, but IMO a book allows an author the time to go into more detail, using the mind's eye, than is possible to achieve in a 2-hour or less, graphic or live action movie.

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.15.2018, 09:07 AM.

05.15.2018, 08:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks