QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice find Kaz. This doesn't just apply to students but to some other fields of writing too...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.07.2015, 07:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I consult the thesaurus more often than I do any other book when writing a paper.

I discovered today a guy I had had a crush on in the past is transgender. Kinda surprised, but at the same time was like.. oh. And then went OH.

And then I finally realized I'm not as straight as I thought.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.09.2015, 01:01 AM.

12.08.2015, 08:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think anybody is. I know I'm not. I don't like the idea of two genders, to me gender is like a rainbow of different gradations of colour. There's as many genders as there are humans. Nobody is the brightest red and nobody is the deepest purple; we're all somewhere in between.

The people who deny they are somewhere on that rainbow away from the two extreme ends are the ones who tend to hate and be homophobic.

Don't quote me on that, its just my view of this particular facet of life.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.09.2015, 05:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I don't think anybody is. I know I'm not. I don't like the idea of two genders, to me gender is like a rainbow of different gradations of colour. There's as many genders as there are humans. Nobody is the brightest red and nobody is the deepest purple; we're all somewhere in between.

The people who deny they are somewhere on that rainbow away from the two extreme ends are the ones who tend to hate and be homophobic.

Don't quote me on that, its just my view of this particular facet of life.

I've never heard it put quite like that before, Saddles, but it makes more sense than a lot of other theories that I've heard in my lifetime... Husky, off somewhere on the rainbow, lol

12.09.2015, 10:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahahah "Don't quote me"

Next post, husky quotes saddles.

12.09.2015, 02:40 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Ahahah "Don't quote me"

Next post, husky quotes saddles.

Quotes Fen...lol

12.09.2015, 09:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Totally agree with Saddles!

12.09.2015, 10:51 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Fen is so sharp. Even I didn't see that joke.

12.10.2015, 05:23 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As funny as this is, I have to agree with Saddles. No one is completely and totally straight or gay, I feel, we are all just inbetween, but some more than others. I prefer girls, but I won't say I haven't found a guy attractive...maybe it's just puberty, though.

12.10.2015, 07:27 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

basic attraction is quite different from s*xs*al attraction

dont be confused

dont want to argue--- bye

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.10.2015, 09:17 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol bye. :>

quote:
There's as many genders as there are humans.
Want this on a poster. Want this on many posters so I can stick 'em up wherever I go.

People get so aggressive about these matters. I suppose many have very deeply ingrained views. I suppose most don't have occasion to think very deeply about gender and sexuality.

My Anime List

12.10.2015, 09:22 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Missed the joke...

12.10.2015, 12:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
basic attraction is quite different from s*xs*al attraction

dont be confused

dont want to argue--- bye

I wasn't talking about what attracts people, sexual or otherwise (why do you asterisk out two letters in the word "sexual"? Is it a profanity?) I was talking about gender. Gender is an identity.

Don't be confused.

12.10.2015, 01:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bye bye.

It just took me a long time to kind of accept it and go "Ohh". I kind of always guessed I was pansexual.

12.10.2015, 02:24 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@FFF

Welcome to your New world...

I'm glad for you that you have figured it out for yourself... I'm sure that this will open new doors for you to explore, just be wise in your adjustments to your new feelings...

Me? I had an experience when I was about 23yo and decided that I would be pretty much following one path. But that is me and everyone has to find out their own way... I think that that experience also gave me the ability to accept others regardless of their gender orientation.

12.10.2015, 03:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I dont oppose when people say my personality traits resembles to certain type/s, cause everyone is different.

problem is when one wants to press on the issue, then i get confused about the reason.

if gender identity is very important then i should be straightforward male or female, thats there is to it. whether you like it or not

when one tries to stick those "special traits" into one's "special" identity i dont think he means anything other than the social implications in society it posses, of which(society) family is a integral part.

so saddle before that point i dont understand how your saying is much different from my view.

cause at the end of the day it is infact the sexual attraction that defines our "straightness", if thats a word. and our straightness is more or less the measure which gender we "think" we belong.

ofcourse there are many ifs. generally speaking until you think about society gender identity does not matter nowadays. your skill is all that everyone looks. and in case if you talking about society you can not take part in it if you are not straight. this line might not be very acceptable to many people but i fail to see any practical ways. the only way you can argue about this line is your positive effects as a human being(assuming you are a good person). But tell me what does that have to do with your identity, right ? you would have done good no matter who you are. so other than making family your gender does not matter that much to make it your identity.

hope you understood the relation between identity one feels for himself and his attraction.

i really did not wanted to make this post cause this is a topic that cause war in this forum. however at the same time i want you all to know about counter-argument of your view.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

12.11.2015, 07:58 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Gender is also a construct. Besides that, I've always been aware I'm attracted to those who also do not identify as either or identify as both. As far as sexual attraction goes, I've never felt it based solely off someone's perceived gender/gendered appearance.

Also, gender does not equal sex. You may need female and male body parts to create children but it should be remembered that gender =/= sex. They are two different things.

Gender identity is important to people though. It's also a complex thing. Saying it isn't important anymore would be wrong to assume. Society is still very gendered as a whole and usually only includes those who identify as a woman or a man. But it goes waaay beyond that. So I fail to see how gender is no longer important when so much of society is very gendered and based on a dichotomy.

Not looking to argue on that, since I study gender. I'm not the biggest expert on the topic and I grew up where gender roles were very much enforced, and I still think in very gendered ways as a result (trying to change that daily). I grew up struggling with my own identity as far as gender goes.

12.11.2015, 10:19 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hahahaha...
I'm sorry for laughing, but it suddenly struck me... Young FFF is not 'girl' any longer, but 'woman'...

I've told you all before that you are all like family to me. and seeing such "grown-up" ideas coming from one of my 'little daughters' changes my mental perception a little, lol

remembering when little FFF used to post and rave/rant about her stuffed critter, school and Mommy and other things like that and now this... Quite a change! And this goes for all of you...

It's like remembering the past with my daughter, littlelassie, when she was a little girl and speaking with her now as a woman and mother herself. No Cabbage Patch dolls, but real ones...

And Kaz has gone thru (and is going thru) some great changes and fen is getting married and the guys going to school and now university and working and {sadly) in some cases moving on...

You've all grown so much and I'm proud of you all and I love my forum family more than ever...

edit:
sigh, damn soggy eyeballs...

edit:
I've raised my own RL family and now have been able to sit back and watch my Tavern family grow and sometimes get to give little bits and pieces of my wisdom along the way...

sigh, again damn rainfall...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.11.2015, 01:19 PM.

12.11.2015, 12:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Also, gender does not equal sex. You may need female and male body parts to create children but it should be remembered that gender =/= sex. They are two different things.

@fff
whoa that is a new idea to me because to me gender is exactly equal to sex, can you elaborate please.

quote:
Gender identity is important to people though. It's also a complex thing. Saying it isn't important anymore would be wrong to assume. Society is still very gendered as a whole and usually only includes those who identify as a woman or a man. But it goes waaay beyond that. So I fail to see how gender is no longer important when so much of society is very gendered and based on a dichotomy.

my point was even if it goes waay beyond that what is my problem. in my country if one has skill it really does not matter for work. And in Western world it should be even better. In the later part where you said society is very gendered i feel why it should not be? if i cant take part in society as a family there is hardly anything in society for me for my gender identity. i feel the only way to include in the society from a gender based point of view is either male or female, because society in nothing but people, and family is the only valid and acceptable mean of raising and creating population. if one is not of the two group, his gender identity is invalid or unnecessary.

i agree with you that the perception of traditional gender roles are based on a dichotomy. but if one tries to understand the reality, actually it has always been somewhere in the middle.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 12.11.2015, 02:40 PM.

12.11.2015, 02:39 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

A "family" can include a couple of two females or two males of course. They may still raise children via a surrogate as well.

There is still a great deal of gender baggage that comes with things like jobs and how people are treated in the workplace. Sex discrimination has still only come so far.

12.11.2015, 03:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks