QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I forgot to mention that "Alakazam the Great" was seen from the back seat of the family car AT A DRIVE-IN THEATER... LOL

09.22.2016, 10:08 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was just thinking of my grandmother. We were eating lunch together a few weeks ago and she said she had married my grandfather when she was 19 and had her first child when she was 20. She told me back then there weren't many options for her, and she doesn't really care if I get married and have children and that I should focus on doing what I want to do. Most of my family is like this, and I'm grateful for that.

So many people I grew up with are buying houses, getting brand new cars, have careers, children, are getting/have been married. I'm only 22 and I find this all weird and perplexing. Maybe because I don't desire any of that life. I'd like a career, but even that is subjective to what I would want my career to consist of. I have no interest in ever getting a house, although I'd love to run a boarding house for international students. Weddings aren't my thing and never were. I'd like to get married and have a kid someday but not for a long time.

I don't know, I really want to be a risk taker and do things differently.

09.23.2016, 09:49 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF
hahaha, I just realized that you were only 14 or so when I joined the Tavern and now, here you are 22,,, lol Like a lot of other people here in the Tavern, I've pretty much watched you all grow up.... I know that YAY Kiki was only 13 when she joined a month after I did and we kinda consider ourselves Tavern siblings, lol .

It has been like watching my family grow up all over again and I do consider all of you my family... My Tavern family... sigh, even Saddles, lol

Hahaha, don't mind me, I'm just happy at finally being able to go home again and in another few hours, my friend will be picking me up and and taking me to my house where I will have to learn to care for myself instead of having nurses caring for me.....

Anyhoo, take care FFF and enjoy your life, whatever path you choose to follow...

09.23.2016, 11:15 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF
It's nice to have the opportunity to choose what we want to do in life. I'm kind of in the same boat as you are, being 25 now, I was going for nursing because it was a good career, and my brother was already one. It wasn't what I really wanted to do, so i changed my major. I just wasted a lot of time doing something that was "ideal" for me at the time. I'm not married, nor do I have kids yet, and I don't find the need to anytime soon.
People compare me all the time to others that already have a career/house, but not everyone has that opportunity. I've had to work full time and worry about other things such as supporting my family, but I still have the opportunity to do what I want to in life, even if it takes me more time to get there. Well, my point is, as you get older, don't feel pressured to be in a position in life that is expected at your age.

@husky
Glad you're finally able to go home again! I see you as being one of the people that help bring this tavern together. Time really flies, I was 19 when I joined.. It's nice to be able to talk to someone with a lot of life experiences, sharing and learning from them.

09.23.2016, 04:19 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

when I get into comics mode, it is too hard to get back out.

so here's pom poko summed up:

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

09.23.2016, 06:42 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sad dont read:

My grandparents from my father's side died before i was born, and my grandmother(from my mother's side) died six year ago in my arms, my grandfather has become old(70+), But i like my grandfather very very much, it feels so sad to think that i will lose him soon(as his health is degrading).(unless ofcourse if i die first)

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.24.2016, 05:35 AM.

09.24.2016, 05:34 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just noticed that as of last month I've been on the Tavern for 10 years. Quite a few people signed up at the same time so I think a lot of us are in the same position.

09.26.2016, 09:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Be nice to us old guys, saviour... I just turned 70YO this Sept 8. I'm sad for the losses in your family...

09.26.2016, 09:45 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Me too, Arren! I just realized it's been ten years for me too. I still remember when I joined.

Sad because the butterfly on my aunt's music box broke. I'm happy I at least adopted her cat. But the music box means a lot to me..

I finally cleaned and rearranged my room to make it "home". It took so long because I've been depressed. I love arranging all my books and little knick-knacks and stuffed animals. I found all my hardcover Series of Unfortunate Events books from when I was a kid. <3 I bought them all in hardcover back then because I wanted them to be a gift to my future children.

I get sick to my stomach every time something about my ex pops up. There's just something that deeply disgusts me about him now that I see him for who he really is. He's so horribly fake.. He's completely changed since we broke up and always flirting with random girls (ew, I hope none of them fall for him, those poor women).

My sister told me in his daily planner he had also jotted down the exact moment when I did something he disapproved of. He wrote down that I interrupted him! Not just me, but what other people did too. Apparently my whole family knew this and never told me.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 09.26.2016, 10:56 PM.

09.26.2016, 10:47 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

If possible, FFF, it's best not to dwell on it or him...

Hahaha, my youngest son turned 31 today... His big brother is 35 and we won't give away their big sister's age... (but she has a 21 yo daughter... )

09.27.2016, 12:04 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF, the method I use to deal with memories of horrible events or incidents or people when they pop into my head is to not get stressed or anxious over it but to feel happy and elated that they are now just history and behind me. The thought that something or someone who is horrible will never influence me again makes me positive.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.27.2016, 04:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
FFF, the method I use to deal with memories of horrible events or incidents or people when they pop into my head is to not get stressed or anxious over it but to feel happy and elated that they are now just history and behind me. The thought that something or someone who is horrible will never influence me again makes me positive.

Thanks, Saddles. I've been using that method and I'm getting there. Sometimes something triggers it.

EDIT: I finally blocked him on everything and plan on burning the letters he wrote me. Now I understand how my friend felt when she blocked him on every platform.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 09.27.2016, 11:48 PM.

09.27.2016, 11:25 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
isnorelikeabluewhale
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.17.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by isnorelikeabluewhale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh no! I thought I had replied back but it seems like I've only thought about it and didn't actually do it. Thanks every one for the welcome. C: I didn't end up seeing Howl's Moving Castle- I ended up being too tired to go out. However, my boyfriend has a copy and I look forward to watching it as soon as I can. I will make sure to update on my opinions of the film!

On a different note, how long has everyone been a part of this family? I've never thought to look for a Studio Ghilbi loving community up until now. I'm a bit late! Better now than never! I haven't seen a whole bunch... but I would love to spend a weekend just binge watching (only if time allowed). Any recommendations? What are your favorites? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Spirited Away...

-Whale

09.28.2016, 01:34 AM isnorelikeabluewhale is offline   Profile for isnorelikeabluewhale Add isnorelikeabluewhale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

The easiest way to see how long someone has been a member is to look under their user name... It gives their registration date...

09.28.2016, 04:38 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

...in USA format of course!

I love this forum, its so laid back and forgiving for the most part. Traffic is light (a post or three a day) so its easy to keep up with and we have some very intelligent and mature members with some amazing and enlightening discussions. We also have a couple of infrequent posters who seem to have the knack of getting close to sources within the anime world which is useful.

I don't think we have any Japanese members but we have a Singaporean so he's good on Asian values, etc and we have several Japanese speakers and people living and working in Japan right now so that's a useful link to have as well ~ we can get early recommendations of good series and films

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.28.2016, 05:37 AM.

09.28.2016, 05:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
...in USA format of course!

My error, I thought that the format was the same worldwide...

09.28.2016, 10:28 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
isnorelikeabluewhale
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by isnorelikeabluewhale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for letting me know!

I'm excited to be a part of this group!

09.29.2016, 01:07 AM isnorelikeabluewhale is offline   Profile for isnorelikeabluewhale Add isnorelikeabluewhale to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We're excited to have you, Whale. ^.^ Been a while since there was a new addition to the family~

Current thoughts? Utterly flavourless chunks of jelly in coffee sauce is not an acceptable dessert. Seriously, who wants to eat this? o_o; I know I won't be again...

My Anime List

09.29.2016, 06:39 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
isnorelikeabluewhale
Susuwatari

Thank you thank you!!!

I don't know about coffee sauce with flavorless jelly... but I do love acorn jelly with soy sauce!!!

09.29.2016, 10:38 AM isnorelikeabluewhale is offline   Profile for isnorelikeabluewhale Add isnorelikeabluewhale to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Acorn... jelly? O.o I didn't even know you could eat acorns, I thought they were bad. And you can make jelly out of them?!

What a weird and wonderful world we live in.

My Anime List

09.29.2016, 10:44 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks