QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it's cool how each episode is named after a record. Actually, Given, the series I mentioned before, did a very similar thing.

Dad and I finished the first cour of Carole & Tuesday yesterday. I felt it deteriorated in the later episodes, unfortunately... It got repetitive and dragged a bit, and the humour has been missing the mark. A few really cringy moments. I cannot stand Pyotr.

Still, overall it's been enjoyable. We'll probably continue once the next cour airs.

My Anime List

10.24.2019, 05:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started watching "Anohana" last night... It is now after midnight... Season 1, Ep. 9...

10.27.2019, 03:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finished watching "Ano-Hana" last night... It was a good, but bitter-sweet story...

Started into "March Comes in Like a Lion", dealing with the life of a Shogi Master... I had never heard of Shogi before this, but the game itself sounds interesting. A bit more complicated than 'Go', I'm sure... lol

11.03.2019, 02:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tell me what you think! I really liked that series.

After a while of not really watching anything, I'm trying to catch up on Boku no Hero Academia. I'm really out of the habit though, so it might take me a while.

11.04.2019, 06:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm up to ep13 and I'm still liking it... The parts showing the Shogi games are intense and I wish that I was more in tune with the game itself... I am glad that Rei has the support of the three girls and thinks of their home as a cooling off place or a warm place against the cold (I can't think of the warming place with the table and covering with warmth beneath, starts with a T, offhand). There are so many characterizations in the story, some comical and some serious and sometimes a combination of both in one character.

hahaha, at one point (ep 12) Rei is given a bowl of rice with egg poured over it and he is exclaiming about how good this is (rice, egg and soy sauce) and it brought back memories from when I was in Japan and I would order a meal and would ask for a raw egg, which I would crack over the rice... It was so good, that I never thought to add soya... I will try that soon, lol

11.04.2019, 04:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Now at ep 20 and the series has been and id going through some dark (hard?) times...

The biggest problem I am having is with the sub-titles. constantly shifting from top of the screen to the bottom and back again and often they blend in with the background and every once in a while I feel the need to backtrack a bit to see just what was said in full, rather than just the gist of the phrase...

11.06.2019, 11:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's disappointing to hear. I don't remember having that kind of problem, but it was quite a while ago. You're still on the first season, is that right?

11.09.2019, 01:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes... 1st season...

What is the problem do you not remember? The hard, dark times of the subtitles...

I think I know, but i want to be sure...

11.09.2019, 02:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Oh, right. I meant the subtitles.

11.09.2019, 08:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Wow!!!, I can't believe that I've watch "March..." for the last 9 hours, with time out for a quick run to the store!!!

Yeah, as for the 'dark time', I was going to mention that it was mostly an emotional 'dark' on the part of some of the characters... I'm well into the second season now. I've stopped for now and do not expect go to back to it until tomorrow, but.... sigh, lol...

I just wish that I had a better understanding of Shogi so that I could 'read' the boards, so to speak... I may look for some info before I go back to the serial...

11.10.2019, 12:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Just watched "The Boy and the Beast" and was wow'd by it!!! A great story IMHO...All I will say is that it is a movie of Human and Beast worlds and Love...

11.22.2019, 10:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Kinda silly, but I watched "Dragon Pilot" last night... Weird in that when you are a dragon pilot, you board the Dragon by being swallowed and usually dismount by being vomited up... I won't describe the other method if that doesn't work.

As I said, kinda silly... lol

11.24.2019, 11:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Just watched "The Boy and the Beast" and was wow'd by it!!! A great story IMHO...All I will say is that it is a movie of Human and Beast worlds and Love...

Ive been saying it. This is one of the best, if not THE best, isekai anime.

quote:
"Dragon Pilot"
I opted for somewhat less silly western "Dragon Prince" animated series that had its 3rd season released a week ago. It is about a couple of teenagers and a kid trying to return the stolen dragon egg to the land of dragons, having all sorts of adventures along the way. Somewhat like Hobbit/LOTR, maybe.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.26.2019, 09:29 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched " Tease Master Kayagi San'" series all 2nd season... Enjoyed it very much...

Also the anime movie "Silent Voice"... Some heavy emotion in this one...

Started watching early in the afternoon and finished with the "Watership Down" movie... Got to bed about 4am... sigh

lol

12.16.2019, 07:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I started a couple of new series yesterday, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of both. I watched Eizouken ni te wo dasu na and Magia Record.

There were a few this season that I had my eye on, so I might check out some others too.

01.09.2020, 08:27 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Picked up Koi wa Ameagari no You ni again. Slooowly making my way through it. That makes it sound like a drag, it's not at all. It's a very nicely put together series all round, so far. Lovely artful animation and music, no exaggerated or unnecessary drama. The main character, though a bit of an unusual personality, is quite relatable as well. And the central plotline is being handled maturely. Hopefully I'll manage to finish it without getting distracted, it's earned that.

My Anime List

01.28.2020, 04:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished watching the "Nino Kuni" movie...

03.10.2020, 05:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Oh, how was it? I never got round to seeing it.

03.10.2020, 08:51 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Noticed that on Netflix the other day, I'm curious about it too.

My Anime List

03.10.2020, 11:06 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Well drawn, IMO and an unusual story. A lot more fighting than I usually watch, but it held my interest... All I will say is that it dealt primarily with six main characters ... Anything more and I feel that it would give too much of it away...

Directed by Yoshiyuki Momose, who was a key animator in a number of Ghibli Studio movies and an animator in others...

The "Nino Kuni" was released in 2019...

03.10.2020, 04:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks