QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Somehow or other, I started watching "Cells at Work"... I actually watched 5 episodes before I shut it down... It eas basically a learning anime about the different cerlls in the body and how they work, but in a cartoonish style???

How the heck did I last 5 eps???

LOL

03.11.2020, 12:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finished watching "Mermaids Forest" today... Okay story IMO, and not the usual type of Mermaid story...

Had to correct the title... I left out the 'd' in Mermaids...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.12.2020, 08:49 PM.

04.10.2020, 02:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

currently airing "sing yesterday for me" is awesome

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 04.12.2020, 04:52 PM.

04.12.2020, 04:52 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently watching "Out of Shadows". But it will be all up to you how you accept it what you saw. An open mind and healthy thinking can help you accept the truth.

Post last edited by poncholumps on 04.20.2020, 03:06 AM.

04.20.2020, 03:04 AM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Starting on "Fruits Basket" again today...

I watch a video for awhile, then get up and do things around the house or drive to the park 3 blocks away and sit in my car (children's Park equipment is closed) reading a novel... maybe stop by a favoraite Mexican food restaurant where, for now, they will bring out the bill and food to your car... I miss sitting inside (total seating 3 and chatting with the owners and staff...

later on more reading, Mandala's, etc... Chat with some of my grandkids online or thru app's...

04.20.2020, 12:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The other day I started watching BNA (also called Brand New Animal). A few episodes are out already, but maybe I can catch up.

04.20.2020, 07:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started Fugou Keiji: Balance Unlimited. It's about a hardworking policeman getting paired up with a new recruit, who happens to be a billionaire. It's quite entertaining so far, I'm enjoying the silly James Bond-esque vibes.

My Anime List

04.24.2020, 08:48 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Sounds like a fun one, Kaz... I'll have to look it up...

04.24.2020, 09:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched all of Runway de Waratte over the last couple of days. It was really bad. I don't understand why you'd take on an anime themed around fashion when you don't have the budget to even animate the clothes nicely. The whole series builds up to Spoiler!, highlight to read.

a big fashion show with the main characters participating as designers and models, but visually it's a monumental disappointment. The clothes are so ugly (I realise this is subjective) and poorly animated (this is not, however).
I also couldn't stomach the constant melodrama, the characters never seemed to stop shouting and crying, overreacting to absolutely everything.

So yeah, I regret spending time on that one.

Then I watched another episode of Koi wa Ameagari no You ni and was reminded how beautiful anime can be. I really recommend this series. I would only ever hesitate to recommend it because some might, quite understandably, be uncomfortable with the story of a high school girl in love with a much older man. But so far, the story has been handled very maturely and delicately, I think. The characters show ample awareness of how difficult their situation is.

My Anime List

04.28.2020, 08:09 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you for your comments on the two anime...

04.28.2020, 11:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a bit surprised about Runway de Waratte. I remember thinking it sounded interesting at the beginning of the season, but then I didn't hear much else about it.

04.28.2020, 07:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm not a Gamer, but I just finished watching 'Hi-Score Girl'... and I enjoyed the story and especially the ending...

05.15.2020, 02:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

started re-watching 1st season of "Clannad" last night and finished today... Continuing on with 2nd season later today...

05.17.2020, 04:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished watching "Clannad" Monday and enjoyed it but was confused a bit by the end... was totally confused by the relationships between Tomoya Okazaki and Nagtisa Furukawa and at the end Tomoyo Sakagami... But still enjoyed it...

Tuesday watched "Drifting Dragons", not one of my favorites...

Today, just finished watching "Your Name"... Totally great and loved it... Beautiful artwork and the storyline was gripping... I didn't realize until just after the one hour mark, remembering that I had seen it before... One of the better non-Ghibli's that I've seen...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.20.2020, 02:15 PM.

05.20.2020, 02:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Flipping channels looking fort something interesting to watch and found "Moana" just starting on a local TV channel... I've seen it a couple of times before and liked it so here I am, watching it again... lol

and looking for Maui's hook...
========================================
Oh, wow! Freaking Great As soon as "Moana" was over, another PBS channel is airing "Hayao Miyazaki: 10 years with the Master... It starts off showing him and other animators drawing Ponyo... And showes him actually drawing himself... Ponyo is based on a co-workers daughter named Fuki with her spirited manner in real life at ther age of about 2 YO...

Shows him at different stages of his life from a baby on to when he graduated from University and started working at Toei Studio... And continues further...

Miyazaki's mother, who was invalided and ill for much of her life, is mentioned as being inspiration for such female characters as Sophie (Howl's); Toki (wheelchair lady in Ponyo); Dola (Castle in the Sky) and the hospitalized Mother in Totoro...

About a 50 minute production and I'm loving it!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.21.2020, 02:02 AM.

05.21.2020, 12:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

If that's the documentary I'm thinking of, Husky, there are four parts! You can find them on NHK's website here:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondem...=tvEpisode&

Dad and I watched it a while ago and it was an interesting insight, definitely. He's an interesting character, Miyazaki, not always likeable. Could be quite harsh and rude in how he spoke to the staff sometimes... Not to excuse that, but it's partly his generation and the work culture, I think; it seems quite normal for bosses to speak harshly to their subordinates. Something else I found interesting the lack of confidence he showed in his creations at times. Ghibli is such a global powerhouse and has been for decades, so it surprising to see him worry like that. I suppose he must feel a lot of pressure from the past successes.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 05.21.2020, 09:51 AM.

05.21.2020, 09:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, Kaz... I will check that out later today... looking forward to it. One thing I noted was the small working space that he worked in, not a big work area at all...

05.21.2020, 04:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished watching the two seasons of "Love, Chunibyo and Delusions". Another 'coming of age' story of some high schooler's growing up and dealing with a fantasy that some of them practiced as Jr High Schooler's...

06.04.2020, 09:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched the first four eps of "Moribito: Guardian of the Sacred Spirit".. Now waiting for further episodes...

06.09.2020, 11:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching "Big Hero 6" for the third time... I was too lazy to get up and pick out another Ghibli, lol...

06.10.2020, 11:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks