QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  680  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHL!!!

Well, my younger Son and his wife divorced a while back (not the HHL) and she has since remarried and just had another little Girl. I have told Momma, that because of the Grandkids, she will ALWAYS be my daughter, if not Daughter-in-Law, then Daughter-in-Outlaw... lol hahaha, in family joke! This was a hard one for both of them, but they are home and doing well now... And, since this child is a half sister to some of my other Grandkids, she just joined the Gang...

08.28.2021, 04:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Ugh, it's got to suck working with an anti-vaxxer. I read about some crazy company in Japan that basically told all its employees to quit if they got vaccinated. Thankfully it's just a small, loud minority that are like this.

HL: first haircut in a year and a half. I enjoyed the chance to grow it out, but it was getting too much in the summer heat.

Replying late but yeah. haha It's a very small, loud minority. Most of my students and coworkers wanted to get vaccinated. Some of my students started getting vaccinated recently. I got fist bumped by a few when they asked when I'd get my first shot.

I got it today. haha Arm is a little sore and I feel sleepy but hopefully that's it.

08.28.2021, 04:49 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HHL!!!

Well, my younger Son and his wife divorced a while back (not the HHL) and she has since remarried and just had another little Girl. I have told Momma, that because of the Grandkids, she will ALWAYS be my daughter, if not Daughter-in-Law, then Daughter-in-Outlaw... lol hahaha, in family joke! This was a hard one for both of them, but they are home and doing well now... And, since this child is a half sister to some of my other Grandkids, she just joined the Gang...

Congratulations to her!

08.28.2021, 04:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll pass it on... Thank you...

08.28.2021, 01:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's lovely Husky, congrats on another grandkid! "Outlaws", I like that

And congrats on getting your vaccine FFF! Hope you get away without any side effects.

My Anime List

08.28.2021, 02:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yess, FFF Good for you... IMO, I think that the soreness is normal, because when you think about it, most shots are just below the skin whereas the Covid shots are different in that they go deeper, into the muscle, if I've read it right. Even when I had my first, it was in the left arm and I didn't notice anything until I went to bed that night abd since I normally lie on my left arm, I felt the tenderness... I got smart the second time and had it in the right arm... Tenderness, yes, but I wasn't lying on it... lol

Thank you, Kaz and likewise, I'll pass it on... Freyja also has an older Half-Brother Aiden from her Dad, So we'll see how it goes... I may be counting 22 Grandkids instead of 21... As I've told them all, I'll not treat any with favor over the others...Many of my Grandkids are Half-Brother/Half-Sister with different parental pairings and, so far, with one exception, we ALL get along well. Former BF/GF's and Ex's... I think it is great...

08.28.2021, 06:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

arren and Kaz, Daughter-in-Outlaw said Thank you... Freyja said GOO!

08.28.2021, 07:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
Woke up early this morning and went to the bathroom, went back to bed, slowly realizing something was amiss, then it dawned on me (no pun untended) that my CPAP machine wasn't blowing air, there wasn't any noise from my A/C unit, etc... 'Oh, the power is off..'

I keep a small lantern nearby just for such an event, so I turned it on, (first time in 10 yrs that I've used it, yay, long life batteries) walked around, looked outside, everything dark. so I went back to bed to see if I could sleep. Lay there less than a minute and realized that this is what woke me up... Not getting enough air with out the CPAP! So I went out to my padded chair ( no, not a cell, lol) and just sat there and relaxed, just looking out my front window. It was 0415 hrs.

Now I have a mountain in front that has a LONG zig-zag road going up the side until it disappears near the top of my view. So I watched the occasional vehicle driving up or down.. I dozed, off and on, mostly awake... then, about 2 hrs later, I reached for the lantern AND THE DOORBELL STARTED RINGING and little lights started appearing (power lights on different units) the power was coming back on...

I checked the local news, and found that a 9,000 gallon fuel truck had rolled over (thankfully, no fire) and that was likely the reason for the power outage... it not being very far from an electrical power yard... possible fumes and ignition...

HL:
power back on...CPAP blowing air again, went back to bed...

(couplehours later) time to go out in the world and see what's happening locally... staying away from the rollover tanker scene, of course... Freeway still shut down I hear... Think I'll go see if the pancake/waffle shop is open... XHL!
Noon-ish breakfast...

08.31.2021, 03:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Yess, FFF Good for you... IMO, I think that the soreness is normal, because when you think about it, most shots are just below the skin whereas the Covid shots are different in that they go deeper, into the muscle, if I've read it right. Even when I had my first, it was in the left arm and I didn't notice anything until I went to bed that night abd since I normally lie on my left arm, I felt the tenderness... I got smart the second time and had it in the right arm... Tenderness, yes, but I wasn't lying on it... lol

Thank you, Kaz and likewise, I'll pass it on... Freyja also has an older Half-Brother Aiden from her Dad, So we'll see how it goes... I may be counting 22 Grandkids instead of 21... As I've told them all, I'll not treat any with favor over the others...Many of my Grandkids are Half-Brother/Half-Sister with different parental pairings and, so far, with one exception, we ALL get along well. Former BF/GF's and Ex's... I think it is great...

Wow, 22 grandkids. I bet you are having a lot of fun with them, wish I could have that much.

09.01.2021, 03:51 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Two I haven't met, yet, the newest ones, but I'm looking forward to it...

09.01.2021, 10:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: did a lot of cooking over the weekend. Having homegrown stuff really motivates me! I made tomato soup, lots plum jam, and plum crumble (for the third time, it's so delicious omg). It was my first time making jam. It's not set all that well, but I think it's okay. Will try some tomorrow.

LL: turns out cooking takes a long time, so I've ended up a little behind with my work. <_<;

My Anime List

09.14.2021, 11:48 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: I got officially accepted to the PhD programme (after for a while having it informally confirmed but not actually sorted in the online system)! Just in time because the first thing I'm expected to attend is an online orientation tomorrow...

09.14.2021, 03:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Puppies! Six healthy babies have been born, there might be more on the way, or that could be it. We'll see in the morning. Just glad the birth has gone well.

My Anime List

09.18.2021, 07:43 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
HL: Puppies! Six healthy babies have been born, there might be more on the way, or that could be it. We'll see in the morning. Just glad the birth has gone well.

Good Oh!!!

09.19.2021, 02:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: I had my first meeting with my supervisor today - or not really our first meeting, as she was a supervisor for my previous course too - so my PhD is now properly underway!

09.27.2021, 02:22 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by arren18
Highlight: I had my first meeting with my supervisor today - or not really our first meeting, as she was a supervisor for my previous course too - so my PhD is now properly underway!
[/QUOTE

]

09.27.2021, 02:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by arren18

Hey, that's nice that you're sticking with the same person! Should make the process that bit smoother.

HL: the first volume of the light novel I'm translating finally went on sale today! I'm really excited (and nervous) to see some reviews.

My Anime List

09.28.2021, 02:50 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arren18

Hey, that's nice that you're sticking with the same person! Should make the process that bit smoother.

HL: the first volume of the light novel I'm translating finally went on sale today! I'm really excited (and nervous) to see some reviews.

Good-OOO!!! I'm happy for you... Kaz!

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.28.2021, 10:08 PM.

09.28.2021, 10:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

???-L

My 16 (17 in a week) Granddaughter has passed her testing for a provisional Drivers License... lol She already has (an earlier gift from parents) her own Ford Pick-up truck.

Even though there are certain restrictions, it is still scary to think of her out on the road with the other nuts out there...

Until she turns 18, she must have a licensed Driver with her of at least 25 yrs of age and no driving between 11pm-5am at night...

09.29.2021, 11:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, congratulations to her. That is young to be driving, but at least there are those safety measures in place.

LL: We lost one of our old dogs at the weekend. Buried her on Sunday. It wasn't exactly unexpected, she was fourteen after all, but it's never easy.

My Anime List

10.19.2021, 10:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  680  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks