QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Name the movie/character game
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Name the movie/character game » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, I think it's time for another clue: the director is no longer with us.

05.21.2018, 04:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have been totally busy this last week and haven't been able to do more than make a list of possibilities. This will help narrow it down and I may be able to look through my movies tonight...

05.21.2018, 06:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, I've watched Pom Poko, Princess Kaguya and The Yamada's, but I douldn't find anywording like ot similar to the words you gave in the subtitles...

I am making a guess for Princess Kaguya and either the scene where Kaguya sees the water where the boys are laying and jumps iinto the water or at the mansion later on when she sees the pond at the mansion...

05.22.2018, 06:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're quite right that it is none of those. There are still options that fit the clues though.

05.23.2018, 04:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I was afraid of this... I found it, arren, but it is the one Ghibli that I've said I won't/can't watch again for personal reasons.

On this one, I cheated and looked it up without seeing the movie again, so I won't take credit for it...

hahaha, no wonder I couldn't find it, lol...

05.23.2018, 12:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I will give the answer and give a new movie and character...

To arren's question, it was Setsuko saying it in "Grave of the Fireflies".

The new quote:

He's going shopping now?

05.24.2018, 04:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, you got it. It's a shame nobody else gave it a shot! Next time I get a chance I won't choose that film.

05.24.2018, 07:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, pretty sure I know this one. It's Shizuku in Whisper of the Heart, when she's following Muta to the antique shop... right?

My Anime List

05.24.2018, 08:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Bingo, Kaz...

You got it!!!

05.24.2018, 11:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Hey, what is this, a tour group from Hell?"

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 05.24.2018, 11:46 AM.

05.24.2018, 11:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I feel like this is a long shot but it just came to mind. Could it be in Pom Poko when the parade goes crazy?

05.25.2018, 04:25 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I don't know if it is the right answer, but that is a good guess, arren...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.25.2018, 12:09 PM.

05.25.2018, 12:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Nope, that's not it. Still never seen Pom Poko...

My Anime List

05.25.2018, 01:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I've had a busy weekend, so now I am working on this...

OK, I think that I've eliminated Howl's, Princess Mononoke and The Cat Returns. I thought them possible's but no words that seemed to match... I will press on...lol

Oh, this is a hard one... Been through Kiki's Delivery Service' Spirited Away and Nausicaa... I gotta take a break... lol...

I saw 'Earthsea' last night and no luck there...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.30.2018, 05:20 PM.

05.28.2018, 11:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Here's a clue: they came from the castle, not from Hell.

My Anime List

05.30.2018, 06:45 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Here's a clue: they came from the castle, not from Hell.

Watched 'Count of Caglioso' just now and while the subtitle words do not match, the scene with Lupin and the Inspector in the room filled with skeletons seem to be a likely spot for that comment...

This was the only other one that, offhand, I can think of that contained a castle and a grouping of people arriving onto a horrific scene or people that are bad people to the person saying the quote... (first clue)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm? Giving the Original quote a slightly different slant and/or meaning Thinking....
=============================================

Thought about 'Ocean Waves', thinking about the lighted school tower near the end of the reunion being called "The Castle" so I watched it, but no wording to match...I was hoping to find them during the bar scene where Yamao falls over. sigh, choked up a little again when they saw each other
on the train platform... happens every time, lol

==============================================Went back to "Cagliostro again as this has been the most likely that I can think of after the clue was given...... I was sleepy last night when watching it and may have missed it...
Anyway, I still never saw the quote or anything like it in the movie, so it may have been subbed differently in the dungeon/skeletons scene... so that is my guess...

The Inspector or Lupin saying the quote when they meet in the dungeon...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.31.2018, 12:08 PM.

05.30.2018, 05:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You got the film and the character, that's enough. The scene is quite near the start, while Lupin and Jigen are in their room in the inn and the group of assassins comes in.

My Anime List

06.01.2018, 06:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Ok, I remember that scene. I just went back and looked at the scenerio twice and in the DVD that I have it shows nothing like that in the subtitles...

oh well, PHEW! That was a hard one to look for, but at least I got the movie... It is late, so I am going bv to look for another movie tomorrow...

Thank you, Kaz

06.01.2018, 08:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

New game...

"She was angry though, after all"

06.01.2018, 12:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

1st clue:

Crow's...

06.03.2018, 04:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks