QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Applied for an all-expenses-paid internship with JR East this summer. Cross your fingers, cross your toes.

My Anime List

05.31.2019, 09:31 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Applied for an all-expenses-paid internship with JR East this summer. Cross your fingers, cross your toes.

OK. I've even got my eyes crossed

06.01.2019, 11:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
My Japanese isn't good enough yet to really start conversations about random things.
Well how is it going to improve if you do not practice

quote:
They usually look busy so I don't want to interrupt them.

Do they interrupt each other? Maybe they are busy, but do not mind to take a break.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

06.02.2019, 10:49 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow i had to see this Nigel Farage is a Rockstar now (click the link if you want to see the moment)

https://youtu.be/zoTk3hqvSzk?t=147

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

06.05.2019, 11:01 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That certainly doesn't sound like something I ever want to see in my life...

06.05.2019, 06:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's been a little over ten months for me in Japan!

I'm starting to really notice the positive impact I've had on one of my schools and it's made me pretty emotional. Those kids make me so happy. They go to my lowest level high school, I think it's the lowest tier school in the region. Lately they've put extra effort into learning English and use as much of it as they can with me. It's such a huge difference from when I started in August. I think this is the first time I've ever felt genuinely proud of myself.

They recently asked me if I have a good time at their school and were very relieved when I said yes. haha

06.07.2019, 08:13 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
It's been a little over ten months for me in Japan!

I'm starting to really notice the positive impact I've had on one of my schools and it's made me pretty emotional. Those kids make me so happy. They go to my lowest level high school, I think it's the lowest tier school in the region. Lately they've put extra effort into learning English and use as much of it as they can with me. It's such a huge difference from when I started in August. I think this is the first time I've ever felt genuinely proud of myself.

They recently asked me if I have a good time at their school and were very relieved when I said yes. haha

That sounds really cool

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

06.07.2019, 10:37 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Glad for you, FFF...

06.07.2019, 11:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Went to a three year old Grand-Daughter's Birthday party yesterday... Had fun, She responded greatly to "Granpa", which was WONDERFUL to me. She doesn't get to see me very much, as well as another younger Grandson and Grand-daughter, and , since I am more or less a stranger to them, they tend to stay away from me, which hurts a little, but I understand it...

Yesterday, when I showed up and sat down, she came running up to ME and started chattering to me about various things that she had or was doing... I was euphoric!!! Later, when I left, I even got a hug and a kiss...

There were six other Grandkids there as well as a niece that was adopted out and who had found her birth family (my ex-wife's brother) after 21 years. She and her GF were having fun with all the kids. When I had first met her, a year or so ago, I had asked that she not forget the family that raised her. I am still PO'd at the brother/wife, as we would have taken her in, no problem. I can't use the words that I feel for them in here.

Anyway, All that were at the party, bounce house, pool and all, totally enjoyed themselves. It wore me out, that is for sure, but I loved it!!!!!! I felt like Totoro, giving out a great ROAR!!!!

The adults at the party were something else (and I mean that in a good way)... My young son, a school friend of both my sons when they were in school and her family: Young son's ex-girlfriend and her and their kids; His soon to be ex-wife and her and their kids; and a lot of all the family's. Ex-wife is due in August with a surrogate child for another family that cannot conceive.

That is what I love about all of them. Even though the kids are from different relationships, before, during and after my sons, they all get along as one family AND I GET TO INTERACT WITH ALL THE GRANDKIDS and various Moms and Dads and other Grandparents and families!!!!!!!

The only sad part is not being able to mingle with my Grandkids and family over in the KSA... sigh, but I do keep in touch when I and they can. I think I mentioned that my oldest (24) just recently graduated with a degree in Biochemistry and the next one (23) is majoring in Phsycology, both intelligent young women... Runs in the family maybe ?

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.09.2019, 01:00 PM.

06.09.2019, 12:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it's amazing what a family you have, Husky; don't know how you keep up with all those children! I'm glad you can enjoy spending time with them like that, anyway.

My family's so disparate in comparison. It's been at least fifteen years since I saw any family on my mum's side, only slightly less since I saw any on my dad's. Seems there were all sorts of fights when I was too young to know much about it. And my mum, once she cuts people out they never get back in. I'm glad that at least my sister and her family visit a couple of times a year. Her husband's a great guy and it's been nice to see their two girls grow up and to be part of their lives, even in just a small, occasional way.

My Anime List

06.10.2019, 06:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
isnorelikeabluewhale
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.17.16
but for realPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by isnorelikeabluewhale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

O_O ummmm this website never changes...

just saying...

06.16.2019, 11:23 PM isnorelikeabluewhale is offline   Profile for isnorelikeabluewhale Add isnorelikeabluewhale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by isnorelikeabluewhale

just saying...

But, go back a couple of years when Studio Ghibli was still active, this place was as well. We had many, many active members talking about the different movies, both Ghibli and none Ghibli and about our lives and a myriad of subjects. Just scroll down the categories to get an idea of what we talked about from, likewise, many, many countries from literally around the world and they all spoke English, at least to some degree. And we learned from these people... Some times we didn't agree with what was said, but we generally got along.

Now, because of the slowdown of Ghibli, we have also slowed down. Most of us have gone on to other interests, but occasionally we hear from some of the past members... Many started out as children in this site and have literally grown
up as a member of the Tavern. I joined in March of 2008 and "Yay, Kiki" joined about the same time (she was about 13, iirc)..Since we had joined about the same time, we called each other a Tavern sibling. I had already grown and seen much of life and had kids of my own and even grandkids... So I had the time and interest in the Tavern and I'm still here...

Yay, Kiki and Mush and Saddletank Roarkiller and too many others to list with out reviewing the member lists, both male and female, have gone on with their lives and families of their own. There were so many of us that some, even, have probably passed away. Me, I'm 72 and who knows when I'll finally go, but when it happens, then so be it. I've enjoyed the camaradie of my friends in the Tavern. And a number of these friends still still drop by now and then with a word or two and some just take a moment to look in and see who is still around. I feel like the old members of that Tavern that I have known over so many years, that I think of most of them like my own family... We are a Family!...

I still try and come in here at least two or three times a week...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.17.2019, 02:16 AM.

06.17.2019, 02:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by isnorelikeabluewhale

just saying...

Of course you're free to comment, but... I don't really understand coming on here after two years just to say that. Doesn't that just add to the problem?

06.18.2019, 04:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ahh, that internship fell through. No Tokyo trip for me. Oh well, more time for study.

My Anime List

06.21.2019, 06:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Sorry to hear that. What would you have been doing on it?

06.21.2019, 07:22 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Ah, bummer, Kaz... So very sorry to hear that... Good luck next time around...

06.22.2019, 12:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah it's no biggie, I knew there was only a slim chance.

@arren - It was only to be for a week, so not much. A couple of days of seminars, a couple of days on-site, weekend free. While I'm not interested in the railways so much, they had places in divisions like customer service and regional revitalisation that looked interesting to me.

My Anime List

06.24.2019, 10:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

chinese box office of toy story 4 has been spirited away

that NHK documentary is free now.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

06.27.2019, 07:17 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Nausanon
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.28.19
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausanon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yo what up gamers and ghibliboos alike

06.28.2019, 06:42 PM Nausanon is offline   Profile for Nausanon Add Nausanon to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Nausanon
Yo what up gamers and ghibliboos alike

Hi! Welcome to the Tavern o:

My Anime List

06.28.2019, 07:10 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks