QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, nice to see a new face!

06.28.2019, 07:54 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Lucas K
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.28.19
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lucas K Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm new too, and I hope to meet many fellow Ghibli fans here!

Discord: Lucas K#0109

Letterboxd profile

06.29.2019, 12:14 AM Lucas K is offline   Profile for Lucas K Add Lucas K to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Lucas K and Nausanon... If you have been following us in here then you know that is a slow at this time. We believe that it is because of the lack of Ghibli films being released...

Ghibliboo's??? lol

Regardless, a Big WELCOME to the Tavern...

06.29.2019, 01:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, another one! Welcome!

By the way, I just took a look at your Letterboxd page. You seem to have pretty good taste.

06.29.2019, 07:14 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Lucas K
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.28.19
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lucas K Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Oh, another one! Welcome!

By the way, I just took a look at your Letterboxd page. You seem to have pretty good taste.

Thanks a lot! I’m in the process of exposing myself to more films I haven’t seen as well as re-evaluating what I have seen, so if you want some recommendations, I’ll probably be posting quite a bit in that thread I saw for talking about what films people here are watching. I’m always open to recommendations myself!

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Ghibliboo's??? lol

Heh... yeah. Naus and I are from a different community, and that’s what we call ourselves there. You might see more of us coming in soon, if you guys don’t mind.

Discord: Lucas K#0109

Letterboxd profile

Post last edited by Lucas K on 06.29.2019, 08:18 PM.

06.29.2019, 08:15 PM Lucas K is offline   Profile for Lucas K Add Lucas K to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Life... and Death... Thinking more and more of how much time I have left. Not dwelling on it, just the occasional thoughts every once in a while. I am doing reasonably well with the medical problems in my current living, slowly increasing and not much that I can do about it except more medications...

I don't know why I am writing this, except that it is a 'Random Thought' as I was sitting here at the keyboard and reading my usual morning mail and other news... I was sitting at my table the other day at my favorite Mexican restaurant, and as it was filling up, I offered seats at my table to a young man and woman (20's) who were standing nearby, so that they didn't have to stand while waiting for their take-out order.

After they sat, I realized that they were actually 'dining in', which didn't bother me. I continued eating and reading my book and the guy mentioned my 'Totoro' tattoo, and I put the book down. We had a nice conversation about Ghibli films. they both were quite happy talking about the different ones that they both had seen. Totally amazing to me how, over the years, so many, many people have commented to me on my tattoos of Totoro and a Kodama from "Princess Mononoke".

From a little girl of about 7 and her parents up to people my own age and older. It had been crazy, really how different so many of these people have been, professionals and , oh heck, I can't even describe how many there have been. One time while in the emergency room for a minor problem a few years ago, I walked in and the receptionist remarked on the characters,... Then a bit later I was seeing the triage nurse and SHE talked about them and still later, the Doctor was telling me about how much she and her children have enjoyed the films over the years and now her grandchildren as well......

Ah well, enough for the time being... It is only about 7:30 am and the temp is already up to about 85F (abt 30C) and dry heat so it is going to be a fun day, I can tell, lol... I guess Summer is finally here!!! Darn it...

And now a siren, ambulance most likely, screaming down the street to a jail nearby... And now another one, probably the Fire and rescue truck as they usually double up on these calls. Two or three times a weeks, generally...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.12.2019, 10:36 AM.

07.12.2019, 10:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope I don't die unreasonably soon but lately I keep thinking there must be better ways to spend my time. Obviously, there are lot of activities I could be doing but, as I am lazy, I want to find something that has the best energy input / output ratio.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.12.2019, 01:04 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Well, I just remember that old Hank Williams song, "I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive"

Just went to Youtube and gave it a listen, singing along.... brought a chuckle to me... lol He's talking about his shoes being so worn that if he stepped on a dime he'd be able to tell you if it was heads or tails....

Just a few miles East of me, the temperature is already up to 116f (46.6c)

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.12.2019, 09:25 PM.

07.12.2019, 09:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Getting rid of a couple of fish tomorrow, thankfully we found an aquarium that will take them in. It's our fairy cichlids.

They're beautiful but they won't stop breeding, and breeding makes them aggressive. We wanted a community tank, but we can't introduce any fish without them being bullied as long as these cichlids are in there. So they must go. We're thinking Congo tetra and rainbow fish, probably red rainbow fish, will be the next introduction, and a pair of apistogramma. Apistogramma are cichlids too but they're small and more peaceful, so fingers crossed they won't be a problem.

We're going to pick up a pair of diamond doves for one of my dad's aviaries too, on the way.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.16.2019, 08:48 AM.

07.16.2019, 08:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

It was quite shocking to hear about the arson attack at Kyoto Animation: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49027178
I've been following the news about it and it just gets worse and worse.

07.18.2019, 09:15 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.18.2019, 10:59 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
It was quite shocking to hear about the arson attack at Kyoto Animation: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49027178
I've been following the news about it and it just gets worse and worse.

Yeah this was big news in my country too. Quite a few people died. Most places are not well guarded for any kind of attack

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.18.2019, 11:28 AM.

07.18.2019, 11:27 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

A crying shame that someone can feel so much anger against a business that they feel the need to cause such destruction and pain...

07.18.2019, 12:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
A crying shame that someone can feel so much anger against a business that they feel the need to cause such destruction and pain...

I am not sure about the motivation behind the incident.
Beetles comes to mind. Unfortunately in our world a lot of people are not emotionally stable. Arts in various forms can cause a lot more instability. I feel we should moderate things in a way that people who are unstable don't get reality and fiction mixed up.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.19.2019, 05:58 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

I'm going to the airport right now to go home for a couple of weeks. It always makes me sort of anxious until I'm actually on the plane.

07.21.2019, 06:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hope it's a smooth journey! I don't much like travelling either. Going to new places is great, but the actual getting from A to B is just stressful.

My Anime List

07.21.2019, 08:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Fair winds and following jet streams, arren...

An update of an old seaman's farewell...

"Fair winds and following seas"

07.22.2019, 11:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
I am not sure about the motivation behind the incident.

wiki now says
quote:
Subsequently, Kyoto Animation revealed that they had received a draft novel from the suspect; however, it did not pass the first-stage assessment and was forgotten, and its contents were confirmed to have no similarities to any of their published works.

08.04.2019, 07:17 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

It was HOT, HOT, HOT today!!!

Was up abt 118F (47.7C) and I did nothing but sit in my non-air conditioned house just grabbing the breeze from the two fans I have going...

Now the night air is cooler and I got my front door open letting the outside aor in... Still warm, but much cooler than before...

08.06.2019, 12:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

My Ghibli Tattoo's were noted and recognized EWICE this last week, by total strangers...

09.29.2019, 08:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks