QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Art/Fanart
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Art/Fanart » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you Kaz. I sort of see why you like him so...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.03.2015, 05:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, this is really cool!

06.05.2015, 10:19 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.11.2015, 11:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Marnie!!! I love it...

08.11.2015, 03:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The detail is amazing...

08.11.2015, 05:58 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

What I liked about it is that everything is blurred except the eyes and the level of blur lowers as you get in towards her eyes - the far shore is the most blurred, then the boat, then her dress, then her hands and ears and finally her face is a tiny bit out of focus - then her eyes - which are pin sharp. Its an incredible effect. It drags your attention back to her eyes no matter where you try to look elsewhere.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.12.2015, 05:48 AM.

08.12.2015, 05:47 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Isn't that just for depth perception? Also, it's gotta be super hard on the artist to draw the background as detailed as the eyes.

It IS a nice picture though.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.12.2015, 09:03 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

http://io9.com/gorgeous-art-deco-inspire...char-1366703124

08.26.2015, 07:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.26.2015, 07:14 AM.

08.26.2015, 07:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.03.2015, 03:26 PM.

09.03.2015, 03:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Which one is that for? I want to say Porco Rosso, but I'm not sure.

09.08.2015, 06:57 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Could be that or the Wind Rises...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.08.2015, 08:31 AM.

09.08.2015, 08:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's Porco, you can tell from the plane.

09.08.2015, 11:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, I agree...

In the Wind Rises, the Italian scenes had multi-wing aircraft, not mono-wing as in Porco Rosso...

09.08.2015, 12:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
panasonicyouth
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by panasonicyouth Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

www.michellecoffee.com

09.11.2015, 09:59 PM panasonicyouth is offline   Profile for panasonicyouth Add panasonicyouth to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yuumei at DeviantArt. She is the most spectacularly skilled artist, a magician on a computer. Her Fisheye Placebo online comic is incredible. She's also designed and runs a company that makes cat-ear headphones

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.06.2015, 03:02 PM.

11.06.2015, 02:59 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I adore Yuumei's art. <3 I love those headphones she made, I wish I could have a pair! They're so expensive though... Mm, I never got around to reading Fisheye Placebo, though I saw a lot of the art related to it.

My Anime List

11.06.2015, 04:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Big picture so I'll just give the link. Tell me what you think.

https://anime-pictures.net/pictures/get_...e-twintails.jpg

11.20.2015, 07:15 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Beautiful view....

11.20.2015, 12:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

11.20.2015, 08:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks