QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Applications for the JET programme opened today. I'll be putting in an application for the Coordinator for International Relations position.

My Anime List

10.01.2019, 03:59 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good luck! Since you've studied more than I had when I applied, I think you should be in with a good shot.

10.03.2019, 09:03 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How time flies, it has been seven years + since i joined this group. So many things have happened

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.03.2019, 10:08 AM.

10.03.2019, 10:08 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So very true, saviour..

Both in the world in general and here in the Tavern... I had to look, it has been 11+ years and it only seems like last week... So many memories...

10.03.2019, 02:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks arren, I certainly think I'm qualified enough for it, so fingers crossed... Lord, there are so many forms.

My Anime List

10.09.2019, 07:27 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's been a week without posts and I'm a little spooked. Everyone okay?

My Anime List

10.17.2019, 07:01 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah it has been quiet. I've had a lot happening in the last couple of weeks and keep not getting round to posting. I'm here though.

10.17.2019, 09:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Likewise...

I'm still alive and kicking but, trying to get rid of needless clutter around house, visiting with friends; went to see a Steam Train go by on Tuesday with said friends...

Reading, exchanging texts with grandkids, watching for fire news in So Calif (one of my good friends was close to a fire area) but all is well, otherwise...

Just being lazy, checking in at least once every day and seeing nothing new in the Tavern, going on with historical postings, and answering questions from other posters, etc...

I will post again later today... you all take care of yourselves...

Maybe we should have a weekly 'rollcall'...?

10.17.2019, 01:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am here too

Busy lives of people from the time immemorial

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.18.2019, 02:41 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Glad to see we're all good. ^^ Suppose we just all had things on at the same time, it happens.

My Anime List

10.18.2019, 05:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

interesting ??? thing happening tomorrow at my house... My neighbor from across the street is having some surgeries done (3) today all in her lower abdomen area and she is hoping to be able to leave the hospital tomorrow if all goes well... BUT!!!

She has to have someone stay with her for 24 hours in order to leave with her doctors ok... Guess who she asked??? Yep, you got it... She asked if she can camp out at my place over night and she has done so much for me in the past when I was hospitalized, I cannot in good conscience say no... I haven't had an overnight guest in decades And in this case, I will be kind of nursing her... I'm not sure what all this will entail, but I will do my best...

This surgery is not without risks, as is normal for older folks like us... I was out of town on Saturday when she called me to meet her at a notaries office to witness her signing her will, but being absent from the area, she had to find someone else.

I'm preparing the living room for her encampment and if needed, she can have my bed and I'll sleep on the recliner.. (I will of course change the sheets, etc )

She is somewhat of a hoarder from back when she and her sister lived at the house, and the last time I was actually IN her house was when her sister passed. She called me and I went over and verified that Joyce was 'gone' and made the necessary calls to the PD and mortuary for her... That is one reason why I won't be staying over at her house... either one...

10.21.2019, 03:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

On my way for my own appt, my friend callerd me and said that she wouldn't know until later in the day whether she would be released snfd that another friend was going to be there around 4pm and she may end up going to her friends house...

Although....

She may not be released until tomorrow and so I may STILL have to get her...

lol

10.22.2019, 10:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I just finished watching a 2-1/2 hr PBS, 3-part film on the life of Emperor Akihito of Japan from his birth until his abdication... It was very moving at times and the actual abdication brought me to tears... I enjoyed the film very much...

And now there is a 1-1/4 hr film on the making of quality Sake... Titled "The Birth of Sake"... I have seen this before but will watch it again...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.27.2019, 07:26 PM.

10.25.2019, 02:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

A couple of times recently when I've been eating lunch with the kids at work, they've been watching Laputa. Apparently it's for some project in their music class.

It kinda reminds me I was wanting to rewatch a lot of the Ghibli films. It would be a chance to watch the ones I've never seen too!

10.29.2019, 07:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I know that not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving tomorrow like most of the US does, but I am wishing everyone a great day tomorrow...

One of the things that I am thankful for is that I am a member of the Tavern and have known, and still know, some great people from around the world over the years. I have enjoyed meeting and speaking with them and exchanging thoughts and ideas with them about Ghibli films (oops, movies, lol) and many other subjects...

Thank you all, both past and present

11.27.2019, 07:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks to you as well Husky, this place wouldn't be the same without you. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

My Anime List

11.28.2019, 12:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OOPS!..

Posted a highlight post in here by error...

Corrected...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.30.2019, 02:51 PM.

11.29.2019, 01:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm thinking of staying in education after JET but I'm not sure yet. The thing is I prefer less academic schools so I would probably want to work in an agricultural high school or something similar afterwards. I really like teaching high school and I know I'm good at bonding with my students.

I don't have a lot of confidence in myself to be a good teacher. I don't plan my classes and I'm always awkward trying to explain things to a huge group of students. Although tbh teenagers don't really care, if anything they're oddly encouraging and I guess appreciate me not trying to be perfect. But as with anything, if I had more say over my classes I know my teaching would improve. The upside of my job is I've become extremely adaptable, I'm used to pretty much every type of school/classroom setting, and working with teachers with varied skills and abilities. "Problem" students love me. I don't know if I'm smart enough to be an actual teacher but I know I'd definitely try harder.

12.11.2019, 08:31 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Go for it, Girl... heh heh heh... I can call you girl because I'm so much older, but you have matured a good deal since we first met... Whatever your path is, strive to do the best you can... I've never met anyone in life who is 'perfect', just try your best...

When you get the chance and if you are interested, check out the 'discord' link... At the very least, it is a way to stay in contact besides the fb site...

Good to see you again... The Old Guy... lol

12.12.2019, 06:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Merry Christmas, Tavern! Hope everyone has a fun day. ^_^

My Anime List

12.25.2019, 08:47 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks