QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Merry Christmas! Whether or not you celebrate it, I hope everyone is doing well.

12.25.2019, 08:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Merry Christmas to all and I hope that your day is a great one... I'm not a religious myself, but the general good feelings of the season are hard to ignore... I realize that we are all of different beliefs, but my good wishes are for everyone...

12.25.2019, 02:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To all who celebrate Boxing Day, enjoy! And remember, no hitting below the belt!!!

Yeah, yeah, I know, it has nothing to do with Boxing...

12.26.2019, 04:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Happy 2020 Everyone... Hoping your New Year brings you Joy and Happiness...

12.31.2019, 08:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy New Year!!

12.31.2019, 08:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Well, this year started off nicely. I went to have breakfast at our local IHOP (International House of Pancakes) and while I was eating and reading, this man and woman (late 20's?) came to my table and thanked me for my service. (I was wearing one of my US Navy shirts),, I thanked them for their 'Thank You's). and we exchanged a few words and then they left. When I went to pay for my meal, I found that they had already paid for it! Blew me away... This has happened a time or two before and it is a nice feeling...

Anyway, a friend of mine who works at the local theater came by and I said hi and we talked for a bit and then he went to his table. As I was leaving, I sat with him, he is a former US Marine btw, and we kidded each other a bit about each other's service and then as I was leaving, I got an idea. Hey, I had a free breakfast, so I sneakily paid for his, lol. Hey, he let me in to see a movie one time, anyway, I don't think he knew who did it and that is the way I like it, y'know...

So, a good way to start the year,,,

01.02.2020, 04:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone, how are things going?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.12.2020, 04:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Getting on okay. And what about yourself?? It's been such a long time!

03.12.2020, 05:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Arren, I'm pretty good, thanks. Retirement is extremely enjoyable and my health is still fair to middling. I'm having fun pursuing both my hobbies now, model railways and wargaming. Here's a (fictional) artillery unit I painted recently for an 18th century imagi-nations campaign I'm running:

On the downside I have almost stopped watching anime. I can't find any TV series that engages me these days but do still re-watch the occasional movie.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.13.2020, 11:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Saddles!!! Good to see you, Man... Things still going along ok over here, except for this damn coronavirus stuff, but so far not attacking me or mine...

I thought, at first, that you had a rocket launcher in the back horse drawn carriage, but on closer look at the near one, finally saw the field piece at the end... I think that they had Congreve Rockets at the time your figures seem to fit into...

Hahaha, just had a memory flash...
Wa-a-a-y back in my school days, when bored, I would draw a couple of lines of ships and planes facing off against each other and then randomly as possible, alternately drawing arcing lines of trajectory (before I even knew what that meant) and seeing which side would win... lol

One of my buddies is into wargaming in some way, but I'm not sure of the era or time lines involved...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.13.2020, 12:24 PM.

03.13.2020, 12:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
On the downside I have almost stopped watching anime. I can't find any TV series that engages me these days but do still re-watch the occasional movie.

That's a shame, but I suppose it happens. I haven't watched so much in the past while myself, but it's mainly that I struggle to make the time for it.

Anyway, good to hear from you again. Don't be a stranger!

03.14.2020, 03:57 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey Saddles good to see you back. Great to hear things are working out for you.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.14.2020, 06:19 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great to see you again, Saddles! I was thinking just the other day how we hadn't seen you in a while, glad to hear you're doing well and enjoying life.

My Anime List

03.15.2020, 03:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hoping that everyone and their families are doing well in this worldwide crisis... Doing OK on this end... I had a major sore throat and head congestion towards the end of February but am over that now... I don't think it was the CoVid thing and my Hospital said nothing about it and prescribed Meds that seemed to work...

Again, My best to everyone...

03.22.2020, 12:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Glad you're doing alright and over your illness, Husky. We're all doing fine, here. Haven't left the house in a week. Just being careful because of my dad, he's healthy but he is in his eighties.

My Anime List

03.22.2020, 04:18 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Glad you're doing alright and over your illness, Husky. We're all doing fine, here. Haven't left the house in a week. Just being careful because of my dad, he's healthy but he is in his eighties.

Oh My Gosh, Kaz... You're old!!!...

uh, older that I thought...

Glad that he and you are doing well...

03.23.2020, 12:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

ROLL CALL...

i figure that I'm going to do this periodically, just to see how everybody is doing, hoping that everyone is well...

Me: I'm still doing well, temp normal, all else is going well...

04.02.2020, 05:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Alive and well, but pretty stressed out.

04.02.2020, 08:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

はーい

All well, here. Plenty of supplies, staying inside, keeping occupied. Riding out the storm.

My Anime List

04.02.2020, 08:18 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been working 60hrs/week until recently. I decided to take a week or so off just out of caution. I probably will go back to work soon after...People still need their essential items shipped. I make sure to take the necessary precautions, washing hands and using hand sanitizer whenever I can. Practicing social distancing is hard at work sometimes, but I just need to be wary of my surroundings. Hope everyone is doing alright.

04.04.2020, 06:49 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
[  «    ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks